• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi ,

Just wondering....my only attempt to complete my own website was a non starter. I recently saw a link for a software programe named ALICE....anyone have experience on Alice
and can an absoulte beginner use this software without a college degree in computer science?

All good advice welcome,

Berne:chair:

I did a quick google on it and found this website.
http://www.alice.org/index.php

From the looks of that website, it is designed as a learning tool for beginners.
So yes it is something you can use to learn how to program, however as to how complex of applications it can help you to achieve would take more research.

This is a quote from Wikipedia about Alice:
Alice is an object-based educational programming language with an integrated development environment (IDE). Alice uses a drag and drop environment to create computer animations using 3D models. The software was developed first at University of Virginia in 1994, then Carnegie Mellon (from 1997), by a research group led by Randy Pausch.

Know more about it on Wikipwedia. That is the best source of knowledge except the original page of Alice.

Back