• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All 3 are out, but which is the winner? (your "IMO")

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I agree with the controller issue except for two points: 1. Most people are saying the PS3 controller feels flimsy, miss the rumble and HATE the bottom L2 and R2 buttons on it. 2. The 360 controller reminds me a bit of the Dreamcast controller ad I loved it just as much as I did the PS1/2 controllers.

Sony does not have the "edge" on the market. They held the edge in the last gen. Whenever there is a new generation of machines released, EVERYBODY starts back at square one.

FudgeNuggets said:
I agree with the controller issue except for two points: 1. Most people are saying the PS3 controller feels flimsy, miss the rumble and HATE the bottom L2 and R2 buttons on it. 2. The 360 controller reminds me a bit of the Dreamcast controller ad I loved it just as much as I did the PS1/2 controllers.

Sony does not have the "edge" on the market. They held the edge in the last gen. Whenever there is a new generation of machines released, EVERYBODY starts back at square one.

I've played with it in target for about 20 mins

I didn't notice a flimsy feel to it, i will admit that the xbox controllers feel a bit more rock like, and i like their bulk...it's more an issue of layout. The 360 layout is vastly better then the original one. That said, the change is a morph towards the sony layout...shocking.

At any rate, the new r2 and l2 buttons felt pretty odd in my hands, i'm skeptical about it but i like the idea of giving more control here...i'm just not sure it is very comfy. Time will tell ehh? I didn't like the feel of analog joysticks either.

Speciale said:
I've played with it in target for about 20 mins

I didn't notice a flimsy feel to it, i will admit that the xbox controllers feel a bit more rock like, and i like their bulk...it's more an issue of layout. The 360 layout is vastly better then the original one. That said, the change is a morph towards the sony layout...shocking.

At any rate, the new r2 and l2 buttons felt pretty odd in my hands, i'm skeptical about it but i like the idea of giving more control here...i'm just not sure it is very comfy. Time will tell ehh? I didn't like the feel of analog joysticks either.

Ya I played the PS3 the day prior to it coming out at Target as well. Everyone was outside and decided to check inside, not a line at all. It has nice but couldn't give a good wieght feel on it or really do much with the controller since it was very securly hooked to the station.

I got my first chance to play the Wii for an extended period of time two days ago, and was thoroughly impressed! Now my best friend just bought an Xbox 360 with Gears of War and all I felt was disappointment! After using the Wii controller the 360 feels ancient, sure the graphics are pretty, but there is practically zero fun factor involved. With the Wii I was cracking up at the antics that occurred in every game, but with Gears of War co-op I felt like I was playing Halo all over again-and I was bored to death with it. Playing a shooter with a console controller is just painful. The only gripe I have with the Wii is the jaggies all over the screen, but with the 360 everything feels unoriginal.

Leave the PC games on the PC, already. Microsoft. :rolleyes:

/\Why leave the games on the PC when they can make so much more money putting them in the living room? Anyway I personally like Sonys offering this time around, but the 360 also gets me going. The Wii I have played and in all honesty seemed more like a gimmick item then a long term gaming machine. For example I love to grab some food/coke lay on the couch and play some games while I'm all relaxed. The Wii was very fun but I just don't see myself doing that with a Wii mote. As for the PS3 controller, it feels much better when not connected to a stand and the vibration function was removed because the controller is motion sensitive and they are trying to reduce weight. Anyway I guess it's different strokes for different fokes. Personally I like my graphics and feel they greatly help game play and I also like my tried and true controller. If you like a little more action in you games then the Wii is probably the one to get.

Back