• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All-In Wonder PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greenman100

Disabled
Hey, I have an All-In-Wonder PRO PCI, and I can't get it to not drop/skip frames on recording 640x480. Isn't this card built to record at that resolution? I usually get like 25% frams dropped, and I'm running the system below, w/ ATI drivers, and have tried recording with Adobe Premiere, and ATI's software, with similar results.

Any ideas?

I think it's the system itself that records the video, not the video card. The card just acts as an input for the computer.

What resolution, format, bitrate are you recording at? Its possible a PCI interface isn't giving you enough bandwidth.

-Rav

Without a hardware encoder, your cpu is being used to do it. If you have other things using cpu cycles while capturing this will cause dropped frames. Make sure nothing else is running while you capture.

peace.
unloaded

UnLoadeD said:
Without a hardware encoder, your cpu is being used to do it. If you have other things using cpu cycles while capturing this will cause dropped frames. Make sure nothing else is running while you capture.

peace.
unloaded

Okay, but I figured it wouldn't be a factor when I'm running the same MIPS and MFLOPS as a P4 3.2.

i have a 2.0 @ 2.66 and 512 pc2100 and and AIW rage 128 card and i got frame drops as well - ifigured it was just the old card - may have been my ahrd drive as well though.

Back