• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

all the owners of a GeForce FX 5200...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RichRymer10

Registered
i got my mind set on getting a GeForce FX 5200 and I'd like to know which company is the best overall. like performance-wise, package contents, etc... BTW...dont try to convince me not to buy a GeForce FX 5200, this is only a temporary card. im saving up to buy a Radeon 9800 pro 256mb.

Evnas

Im curious as to why you would want an $100 card if its only a temp? And why are you going to put a 9700 Pro in a Celly 1.1Ghz and a 9800 Pro in a P4 1.4?

OP
R

RichRymer10

Registered
oo dont mind my sig. i did that a whhile ago. im gonna go amd and get a 2600+ soon and i dunno if im gettin a 9700 pro cuz if i get a 9800 pro, its pointless to have both. and by temp, i dunno how long that is. it cud be a couple months or like 2 years. im not really a hardcore gamer or a benchmark freak. and going from a GeForce 2 with 32mb SD-Ram to a GeForce FX with 128mb DD-Ram doe sound appealing to me.

Voodoo_fx

get the PNY.. its in a small box.. the reg version.. the one i got atleast at best buy.. PNY GeForce FX 5200 reg. has 128 bit mem and 3.6 ns mem chips on it :) Cheers and it has hs/fan too.. its a nice card.. these 5200's arent' that bad.. i got 1,100 in 3dmark03 with a Coppermin 650 @ 650 :p and PC 100

OP
R

RichRymer10

Registered
ya im gettin my card from best buy this friday. it was either gonna be the PNY or the eVGA. but on the PNY website...it says dual vga and s-video out...is that true? or is it really DVI-I, VGA, and S-Video?

Shade00

The FX 5200 will be a good upgrade from a GF2 MX. As Voodoo_FX said, avoid EVGA like the plague... apparently he's had some really good results from his PNY, so I'd say go for them.

OP
R

RichRymer10

Registered
well the only thing appealling about the eVGA is the full version games and DVI-I port. but, since i dont own a LCD monitor, its no use to me. and i know the asylum card is just plain crap. 250Mhz RAMDAC with only one processor. probably has slow memory too.

Cutter

Yes, avoid Evga FX 5200's and you will save yourself a trip back to BestBuy. I bought and installed and It my old card still outperformed it. plus like Voodoo it is 64bit, but nowhere is that stated on the box when you pick it up at Bestbuy. Get the PNY and forget the full version games and the candy that comes with Evga cards.

OP
R

RichRymer10

Registered
ti4200 for $99.99 are u sure???? this is the normal GeForce FX 5200. and i dont want to buy a video card online. i'd much rather goto a store and walk out with the card the same day.