• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ALL U NEED 2 KNOW 4 The PERFECT OVERCLOCK SETUP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
John1z1 said:
stepping a cpu on the 478 i learnd when i read the threrad above but i do not know if it still holds true for the 775's- stratcat had posted that all prosseors with the steping to 0 would not o'clock... i just finished that thread and am looking for new info

i am by no means smart at this yet ... just give me a min..........

;)

i have no clue what you are talking about here. it makes no sense. the processors i listed with the steppings i gave are the ones that will drop the multiplier down.
im not sure wether that statement you made refutes that, complies with that, or is just a long way of saying that you dont know.

as to your statement on the 478 vs 775. the 775 motherboards are much easier to get higher fsb's and overclocks without mods.

John1z1 said:
well i have seen alot on the best ideas of a system that might be best but noone as so far are built on the 775 chip.

i am by no means smart at this yet ... just give me a min..........

;)

you didn't happen to see batboys sig did you? i havnt seen any 478 motherboards getting 4.4 ghz... and he's fixing to have 1260+ fsb on top of that... so... yeah... you dont make much sense.

wow i like you alot too :temper:

no need to be so friendly to me

if you have no idea what i am speking of perhaps you should read up on the intels fact sheet of stepping. it can be found someplace on these forums

i said nothing of any speed of which socket would be faster, just stated that the newer core need more powewr to remain stable. i am lookin for the right board to put a 3.4-775 into, i see your asus board is not helping you major overclock, perhaps i will go with lanparty :clap:

you stated:

LGA775 MOTHERBOARDS

i havnt found any eveidence to a clear winner for the ABIT vs ASUS performance for the 925XE But the ASUS costs 100$ more so.... there you go..
for the LGA775 motherboard's there is really only one chipset to get when overclocking with a lowered multi. the 925XE.

i am still trying to figure out which one I want. just because it is the newest chip set dose not mean that it will be the most stable of boards or have the flexibilaty within the bios

i will have a screeming system :burn:

have a nice day :cool:

John1z1 said:
if you have no idea what i am speking of perhaps you should read up on the intels fact sheet of stepping. it can be found someplace on these forums

frankly i dont know where to begin.... i dont know what you are talking about because you aren't clear about what you are saying in the least... not due to my lack of knowledge on the subject.

you say stuff like

John1z1 said:
stepping a cpu on the 478 i learnd when i read the threrad above but i do not know if it still holds true for the 775's- stratcat had posted that all prosseors with the steping to 0 would not o'clock

when i have very clearly stated which steppings would unlock the multi to 14 on the 478 processors specificly as well as the 775 processors.

and you say stuff like this

John1z1 said:
well i have seen alot on the best ideas of a system that might be best but noone as so far are built on the 775 chip.

which complelty contradicts this statement

John1z1 said:
i said nothing of any speed of which socket would be faster, just stated that the newer core need more powewr to remain stable.

considering that the 775 boards are built to handle the "power" much better than the 478 boards.

and then you say this

John1z1 said:
i am lookin for the right board to put a 3.4-775 into, i see your asus board is not helping you major overclock, perhaps i will go with lanparty :clap:

and then quote me. but dont realize that right above that quote i stated that for the asus p4p and p4c 800's there is a droop issue that holds them back.

and its an 865 chipset running a prescott. not the 875 that the presscots require in order to overclock well as i stated earlier as well.

so forgive me if i was confused as to what you were trying to say but frankly...you dont make much sense.

you guys have talked about the mobo for 775 mobo that is able to push the multipler down 1, but what about the ones that is not able to do that but costs alot less and have the ablity to OC? can you name a few?

well when it comes to price. it really is a question of what you want on the motherboard along with the lga 775 processor. such as do you want pci express or AGP? do you want ddr2 or just regular ddr? do you want the baord to be able to handle upping the vcore voltage? do you want to be able to up the vdimm (ram) voltage? all these factors come into play when you are looking for a new motherboard.

for example. if you want ddr2 and pci express and plan on overclocking it then by far the best choice for the price would be the ABIT AA8XE 925XE for 158$.

but if you want plain ddr and pci express then the abit AG8 with the i915P chipset will leave you happy if you dont plan on dropping the multi to 14 and going much past 255FSB, for 124$ this isnt a bad option if you want to keep your regular DDR memory you already have.

if you just want normall ddr and a normal AGP slot for your old memory and video cards. an abit AS8 for 88$ wont be a bad choice. it only has an 865PE chipset so dont expect wonders for overclocking but it will most likely get you anywhere from 225-240 fsb most likely in the 230 area. getting a 478pin motherboard with a 875p chipset would be a better option for prescott's in my humble opinion but ..whatever.

Last edited:
Back