• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All XP1800+ Owners I have a question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I HAD an XP-1800 with the same stepping as yours and was only able to get 1650 MHz at 1.85 Vcore with unlocked Mults.

Maybe its a bad batch.

well i sucessfully hit 1725 stable while it was still locked depends on the ram and the motherboard now that my baby is unlocked it just purrs @1700 - 1.85v with verry little stability problems she wont hit 1800 without a volt mod tho... so you could expect a little better with 1.9v and prob much better with 2v+

I think that mine is a week 44. All of my stuff is good quality stuff. I dont think my mobo is holding me back. I think that its just a bad batch of cpus then. I dont wanna go much higher then 2.1 volts cause I sure dont feel like buying a new cpu for a while.

That's not too bad. I really love the AGOGA stepping!
My xp-1700 AGOGA @1466 does 1627 @ 1.775 Vcore I think.
After work I am going to work on the cooling a bit, up the voltage and the FSB. I just don't want it running over 50 degces @ full load.

My temps are 47 degces Full load with the side panel off, and 50 full load with the panel on. I will do some mods tonight when I get home from work.

AudiMan said:
My temps are 47 degces Full load with the side panel off, and 50 full load with the panel on. I will do some mods tonight when I get home from work.

I'm pretty sure that, with a new case, and better airflow, it'll be much better :D and hit a whooping 1750+ :D

Well, I am going to pick up a few stronger fans from the store after work today, and next week I am going to buy a holesaw for making holes in tha case. Also on my lian-li cases there are two fans in the bottom at the from of the case with hard drives mouted bedinhd them. Those mounting brackets can be removed, so I'll put the hard drive under the floppy drive in both cases and it will free up TONNES of space for better airflow.

After these case mods I'll have much cooler AND higher clocked systems. I'm at a combined total of 7.9 GHZ, and hopefully I can somehow manage to break 8 Gigs :D

I ordered a sweet case yesterday. Hopefully that will come in soon too.

AudiMan, How did that cooling go?? I got Antec 830 with 2 80mm in, and 2 80's out, + PSU. With is wery good air flow, but my CPU temp killing me.

Actually it didn't help at all. My systems are messed up, and not doiung what I want them to do. I'm giving up for a while. My dual Asus board has a system temp of 26 degress, but the wierd things is that one processor running @ 1.75 V is overheating, and the other proc @ 1.85 V is idling at like 41. Exact same heatsink, and I triple checked that it was mounted properly an so on.
It goes up to lik over 60 degrees in the bios, so I jsut shut it down. Even with a 60 CFM fan it idles at 48 degrees. I don't know what it is.

Back