• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Almost Decided on 1 of these 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Either a Radeon 64mb DDR VIVO $149
or
GeForce 2 Pro 64mb $137

what is faster and i know that VIVO i can play and watch on my monitor or my TV, but my puter in in my bedroom and wont be near a TV as long as im in this house so do i really need the VIVO option plus- i hear you gotta tweak the Radeon also and they dont have as many drivers? What do ya think

I think the Geforce is faster but the visual quality is a step behind the Radeon. Personably I would get the Geforce, I have had great luck with mine. If you do cad, ProE or something like that, then the Geforce is the best choice since you can mod it to a Quadro card.

Geforce if you are a gaming nut, like I can be. radeons look good, and for other (video features)purposes they far surpass the geforce lineup.

Well i ordered the GeForce 2 Pro 64meg DDR. I dont use any of the VIVO features and after haveing a TNT2 8mb and my currecnt TNT Riva 16 meg it'll be quite a difference.n Thanks for all of the Help guys

[OC] Jason (Jul 16, 2001 08:35 p.m.):
Well i ordered the GeForce 2 Pro 64meg DDR. I dont use any of the VIVO features and after haveing a TNT2 8mb and my currecnt TNT Riva 16 meg it'll be quite a difference.n Thanks for all of the Help guys

You made the right choice, I'm very proud.

Let us know the OC results... wait, of course you will!

Thanks im sure ill be totally happy once i get her up and running. Finally i can play all the games i got. And i watch divx, asn such so itll be nice not to see little pixel squares

Back