• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Almost too pretty to open.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some components deserve "never removed from box" treatment. It's just shame not to use it. I just got limited edition RAM and hopefully won't be a delay with review, so you see it in a couple of days.

I've been looking at Epic 7302 gear to replace my Threadripper 1900x as my main folding machine. You're not helping!

I won't be using a backplane so do I need to use the ribbon cable or leave the unconnected?

Since I never used a RAID card, i left the backplane cable disconnected and direct cabled my single drive to the mobo.
Post magically merged:

Maaan, now ya got me wanting to either re-build my 2U or just start over since the chassis is like 12 years old, and has 1 dead PSU as it is haha

I will be using the connector as marked in pic, so if I'm not going to be using a backplane, I can just use the 4 data cables and not bother with the ribbon cable then.

H11DSi-NTa.jpg

Back