• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alpha 6035 + PEP what the difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi, the difference are only about the Hsf dimension, PEP is bigger, and fan position, PAL on top.
For me PEP is better coz modifiable for a second fan, and bigger Hsf dissipate more hot.
About fan sucking or not, it depends more by case airflow and fan position, so it's better test different configurations and set like it's cool :)

The Doors (Apr 16, 2001 04:59 a.m.):
Hi, the difference are only about the Hsf dimension, PEP is bigger, and fan position, PAL on top.
For me PEP is better coz modifiable for a second fan, and bigger Hsf dissipate more hot.
About fan sucking or not, it depends more by case airflow and fan position, so it's better test different configurations and set like it's cool :)

Ok... If the PAL fan position is on top where is the PEP located on the side? and when you mention can be modified for 2 fans where would the second fan go on top?

Ya, you say right :)
the fan on PEP is located on the side, and you can add a second fan on top turning the silver cover, make a little cut on it to leave the way for the retainer, and add a bracket for the other fan...pics speak better....

It's the Extreme! mod, but possible:
2x60mm fan (like Delta 38) on the side sucking air into the Hsf, and a 80mm on top, fitted with an adapter, blowing out hot air, I'm thinking what temps can give, tremendous!

The Doors (Apr 16, 2001 11:59 a.m.):
It's the Extreme! mod, but possible:
2x60mm fan (like Delta 38) on the side sucking air into the Hsf, and a 80mm on top, fitted with an adapter, blowing out hot air, I'm thinking what temps can give, tremendous!

sound a little extreme but one man extreme is another mans conservative, I went to the Alpha site to see if I could get abetter look at the different fans, because I'm using a duel CPU board I need control over the airflow so I will probably go with the AlphaPal6035MUC's sucking out and put another 120mm in the case right above the pair of them sucking also.

would the PEP with a fan on top only work as well as a PAL6035MUC?

Works better PEP coz have bigger heat sink :) and, if you have enought room, it's upgradeble with a second fan.

Have a nice O/C.

Back