• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alpha PAL6035 or stock cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
Just want to get some peoples opinion here. I just bought a XP 2000+ for another rig I'm going to be throwing together. I have an Alpha PAL6035 kicking around here that I could use, or I could go with the stock cooler that comes with the 2000+.

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
Perhaps this link will help you decide which one to install and test first..As we all know the only way to know for sure which will perform better on an idividual system is to test both products..A lap job on both HS's might improve performance, along with some AS 5 or AS Ceramique. Keep your flow up & temps down.:cool:

CLICK HERE

funnyperson1

I feel the Alpha is a better design but it is a bit on the small side.

If you keep both fans as they are then the Alpha should outperform, however the AMD heatsink is designed to be almost silent, I think the AMD heatsink with a decent fan will be a better cooler than the PAL6035.

OP
CrystalMethod

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
funnyperson1 said:
I feel the Alpha is a better design but it is a bit on the small side.

If you keep both fans as they are then the Alpha should outperform, however the AMD heatsink is designed to be almost silent, I think the AMD heatsink with a decent fan will be a better cooler than the PAL6035.

/me kicks self

Shoulda thought about changing the fan on the stock cooler. :-/
I was leaning towards the AMD heatsink, because I like the fact it engages all three lugs on both sides of the socket, not just the middle one like the Alpha. Thanks guys!