• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alpha PEP66 on an ABIT BX-133 RAID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[SiRTOBY]

Registered
Hey,

I have an ABIT BX-133 Raid mobo, and I'm thinking of buying some better cooling for my CPU, (A celeron2 600@820 MHz which is extremely hot) and I am thinking of buying an Alpha PEP66, but I wonder if anyone knows if the PEP66 will fit on my mobo. Because I've heard somewhere that the heatsink will go into the BX chipset hs and therefore it wouldn't fit. Is this true? And if not.. please tell me, if anyone has a pic of a PEP66 mounted on this mobo, you could mail it to me so I could take a look at it.

Thanks in advance

Someone must have this combination, come on you people tell me the magic words

Well, if you stick the shroud on so the fan sits at the top of the heatsink rather than the side, then yep - it'll fit no problems.

A quick way of doing this is to mount the heatsink 1st, have the shround ready with the fan attached and then slide it onto the heatsink so the fan is @ the top. It's still a good idea to have the fan sucking air up and away from the CPU too if you're using the shroud.

I tried that on my VP6 with PEP66's and with the fans blowing into the heatsink it was 2 degrees cooler. On my BF6 without the shroud turned it is better with the fan sucking from the heatsink.

So what you're saying is that the only possible way to get it to fit on the motherboard is to mount the fan ontop of it?

Back