• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

alphacool VPP 655 will not go over 2000 rpm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greenhadouken

Registered
Hi all,

This is only my second custom water loop, and it has given me nothing but headaches. The first pump that I had in it was a EK-DDC 3.2 extreme pwm pump and I had to bang it on the side of my chassis just to get it too pump. Now I switched that for an alphacool vpp 655 pump and I cant get it to go above 2000 rpm. I have tried pushing the rpm's up through msi command center, through the bios its self, and I've connected it to my sentry 3 fan controller and used that. None of it seams to work :confused:. Again I am far from a guru on custom water loops, so any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

I believe that's a 24 volt motor so if your running it at 12v you only get 1/2 it's rotational speed. Plus it's not PWM that your MB can control, nearly all fans that are PWM use Intel PWM control. Thee are articles where you can mod that motor to work, but it will still have a max rpm of 1/2 the advertised max rpm.

If you can still return that pump I would swap it out for something like this, according to EK it works with the PWM signal from the MB so that's what you want.

Thank you for responding to me. I didn't even think to check the voltage of the motor. I'm going to get into contact with the sealer right now. I put this up on toms hardware about a week ago and still no responses. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Back