• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alternative to Patriots?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow ! now that's a Honker !

I thought my 108 cfm w/ rehostat was large.

210 cfm? u'll need to bolt the case to the floor...
or is gonna hover over the floor?

:D

Does anyone know any other specs to this fan? Is it a 24V fan like the Patriots? If so, this should be good on 12V

I have a 172mm Sanyo Denki, Dyna Ace. Their not easy to find, but I found mine on ebay.com. I doubt they have anymore but you could look around. The ones they had had 2 sides milled down to get it at 6.5" wide. 7" tall (maybe abit more). It's suppose to push 149cfm at 32dB on 12V. I got mine for $20.

Looks to me like the picture is of a NMB 6820PL-04W-B30

That NMB part# doesn't match the specs shown by FrozenCPU.

I think the fan advertised has the same outer diameter as a Patriot. It is the hole spacing that is 162 mm.

Since87 said:
Looks to me like the picture is of a NMB 6820PL-04W-B30

That NMB part# doesn't match the specs shown by FrozenCPU.

I think the fan advertised has the same outer diameter as a Patriot. It is the hole spacing that is 162 mm.

Look like you're right :(

Thanks guys

ok well you can get the 12v comair rotron for 14.95. it has the sides milled down. if u ask me that 162mm fan is a rip there at least i mean 25 dollars. bah! it doesnt push nearly as much air as a comair either, however it may be a 24 or 18 or 15 volt fan or something. i mean it has a rheobus on it so u can turn it down and it also has a molex connected. i would amagine its 12v but go get the part # and look on ebay.

[EG]~NaTz~ said:
ok well you can get the 12v comair rotron for 14.95. it has the sides milled down. if u ask me that 162mm fan is a rip there at least i mean 25 dollars. bah! it doesnt push nearly as much air as a comair either, however it may be a 24 or 18 or 15 volt fan or something. i mean it has a rheobus on it so u can turn it down and it also has a molex connected. i would amagine its 12v but go get the part # and look on ebay.

...they're milled down? Anyone have the exact dimensions? The dimensions listed on the sites are exactly those of the Patriots. Hm, first time reading that they're milled down...

jlin453 said:

Anywhere online where I can find these?

Well I bought mine here locally from a guy I don't have alot of contact with anymore, but if you go here and e-mail a sales rep I'm sure they could line you up. They also sell 135mm...

I recently bought this fan which is less expensive and more powerful than the one at frozencpu. Too bad though, you just missed a sale, they were $5 a piece all of last month.

Metalloid15 said:
I recently bought this fan which is less expensive and more powerful than the one at frozencpu. Too bad though, you just missed a sale, they were $5 a piece all of last month.

My original problem is I don't have room for a 172mm fan. 150mm I could do :mad:

The Comair rotron MAJOR DC line of 172mm fans has the two of the sides on the fan housing down to 155mm or so and fit much better in a case. www.mpja.com is where i got my fans. There are other places to find em. Just use the search on this forum for comair rotron fans and you should be able to find out most anything you want to know about them. Oh, they truely are beasts for performance and a 235cfm 172mm comair rotron compairs to my 68cfm 80mm delta in noise.

jlin453 said:

My original problem is I don't have room for a 172mm fan. 150mm I could do :mad:

Yeah I read that but for some reason I was thinking "well mine are 162mm so it will be ok." I kinda forgot about the part that the outsides of the fan will make it about 172mm. My bad.

Ahh if you don't mind noise then I have found a solution for you. Here.

I thought about getting these when I was going to upgrade my air cooling system (I have two 120mm Delta 130cfm's right now), but then I decided I would go with water cooling instead. They are very noisy, 59dba, but awesome airflow for a 120mm fan.

Back