• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alternative ways of using Peltiers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

I am just wondering if people ever use Peltiers in other ways other the between the CPU or videocards?

I was thinking of a way to place a peltier on an aluminum resevoir to cool the water more, or perhaps on the radiator.
but these of course are just....

"huh I wonder what would happen if...."

Obviously someone thought of these things before me, so I am just wondering what would happen.
I haven't gotten to use a Peltier yet, but I am definatly racking my brain on some different ideas.:D

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
using them to chill watter is pretty inefficant i mean sure it works but not to well there are a few comercial products that can do it but they are way expensive and you can get better temps using it directly on the die or by using a phaze cooler

KLowD9x

Cooling my room...or heating my room. I had a design for using a pretty large pelt to pull the heat out of my room when it was hot. or by reversing the polarity, I could heat it...but I got my comps to do that.

Albigger

i've seen few (maybe two) successful inline chillers using pelts, and all i can say is you need a lot of pelts, a lot of water ( at least two loops), and a whole lotta power....