• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I being hacked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

I am not sure if I am being hacked, or if it is just port sniffing (what it looks like) or what it is, and I am not sure what I should do if anything. I am just looking at the log for my wireless router and I keep getting this message that says that there is a spoofid that is attacking. It gives the MAC address, which I blocked and of course the attacks stopped (it was actually my desktop that all of this was coming from). I am a bit un-nerved because I don't know what to make of it. It looks like the router stopped it every time, but I thought I should run it by you and see what you thought of it. What could be causing it and how worried should I be? Thanks

EDIT It should be noted that earlier in the day I was trying to connect a friend's laptop to our wireless network by taking a crossover cable from my desktop to his laptop. Could this be the problem?

Sounds like you may have picked up a virus or some spyware...being that it is internal....

Mark620 said:
Sounds like you may have picked up a virus or some spyware...being that it is internal....

I have run two virus scans (Norton and Panda online) and haven't found anything and I have run adaware. Is there something else I should be doing to try to find it?

Back