• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I doing good folding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I have been folding stead almost 24/7 probably like 24/5 sence 2 weeks this tuesday I'am in 1075th for team 32 and have obly been folding for about a week and a half.

OP
jonspd

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Well yes I only have one rig the one in my sig but I did do one WU with another rig just to see if the WU's would change in my folding on my pc.

portorock

Just makes sure that you are using the flags as they force [email protected] to use optimizations while foldign=much faster folding=more points. If you're not sure, you can make a shortcut to the proggy on your desktop and go to properties. After the quotation mark in the target field put the following...(space)-advmethods (space) -forceasm. Then drag that shortcut into you startup folder in the start menu. That's it. It should look like this

"C:\[email protected]\fah3console.exe" -advmethods -forceasm

The proggy is substituted for whatever you have it called

OP
jonspd

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
"C:\Utilities\Folding @ Home\winFAH.exe" -advmethods -forceasm

Thats the target property for my folding is that correct?

shortcut property

Milkman

Yup, that's right, do just like portorock says and add the shortcut to your startup folder, I did this about a week ago and have gotten nothing but high point Gromacs and boy do they add up fast!!

OP
jonspd

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I would but funny thing is that they add one for you when you install the proggy in which I have deleted due to the fact that I need my cpu sometimes for 3dmark, etc etc so I'am not going to have my cpu @ 100% when I first start I will run the proggy but once I hit 500th place I'll be happy hopefully thats possible with one system.