• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I Getting The Speed I should ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

I don't much about HDD speeds can some one LMK if Im where I should be .

Im Using the onboard NV raid. 3x250 GIG setgates.

atto.png
HdTune.png
HDtach.png

OP
||Console||

||Console||

I really have no problems with It . Things install fast , Map load times are great .
Just didnt see that much of a jump going from 2 hhds to 3 . ( The write speeds are pretty fast vs the benchs for ssds I have seen )

Miltz

Registered
Your setup is faster than most SSD out there. Just less reliable... and of course the noise of 3 drives going crazy....lol i hate that sound.

Mr Alpha

Your setup is faster than most SSD out there. Just less reliable... and of course the noise of 3 drives going crazy....lol i hate that sound.
Depends on what you look at. In access times he is still 144 times slower than SSDs. This is how I look at HDTach results: Tach-guide.png

OP
||Console||

||Console||

access times are way faster on a SSDs but I want to see some of the new stuff coming out before i take that expensive jump.(sata3 ssds + a i9)