• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I missing something here?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wiz4rd

Due to being unable to reach cpu speeds on my 2100+ of over 2143mhz I figured my crappy PSU was to blame. I just got my fortron 530w from newegg and stuck it in. And I still cannot get higher. My temps are around 38c which seem fine.

Am I not wiring the PSU to my board properly or something. I have the epox 8rda board. I pluged the 20 pin connector into the board, and the rest of the plugs into cdrom/hard drives, ect. ect. ect.

I see 2 other types of connectors on here not being used, am I supposed to be using them or not? This cpu is a 0248 stepping.

Also when I try taking my hardcorecooling.us PC3200 2x512 cas2 ram above 194 fsb, I get into playing a game and pretty soon the screen goes black.

I'm very unhappy.

might have hit the limit of your processor, what is your northbridge cooling?

Also, in your sig it says your at 2.5ghz......

I messed up on my sig, I was trying to say 2.05. Anyways as for my cooling on the NB it's just the stock heatsink.

does your board have the four pin 12v connector like the P4s? i put together a kt400 board for my stepfather and it had it so im guessing at least some of the newer amd boards have them, and if im not mistaken its because the cpu now feeds on the 12v rail and that extra plug is to help stabalize power to the cpu. never owned that board though so i cant say for sure

I don't know if it does or not. I have the 20 pin connector conencted only, if someone out there has this board would they mind letting me know.

Back