• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I nuts or did they send me the same stuff again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ray@VSK

I got a new rig listed below,

From Monarch ABIT IC7-G - Gig lan was not working corrctly (Really slow speeds & time outs) Got my replacement, open the box everythings the same, mobo looks new but same problem slow lan & timeouts.

From NewEgg Munshkin Black Level II (Reboots, blue screens fails memtest) Got my replacement, sealed package different color heatspreaders, reboots, blue screens, fails memtest.

Monarch sent me the same mobo back, NewEgg sent me a second set of ram that does the exact same thing :(

Yeah, I wouldn't be so quick to condemn both items. I mean if that board has something wrong with it, even if it is LAN related, I would not trust it to test my Ram in it and then say well, the ram must be bad too. Conversely, maybe there is some sort of isssue with the ram causing the issues with the mainboard. hard to say, but would definitely test the ram in another machine just to make sure.

Here is something else VERY important to consider. I had an almost identical problem with my machine. With 1Gig of PC3200 Corsair in it it would randomly lock up. blue screen, fail memtest, etc, but with just one of either of the two dimms installed, didnt matter which one, the thing worked flawlessly. After asking about it in the motherboards section someone pointed out to me that the specs on the BH-7 say it can take pc3200, but only one dimm of it. You can't use more than one. So, since I noticed that you are using two dimms of pc3500 ram (DDR 433) this situation may be biting you as well. All I was able to see at abit was that it officially supports DDR 400 ram. So, maybe abit has it set up to not accept more than a single dimm of ram that speed is over its spec for the board? I don't know, but might be worth it to at least ask Abit about it before you spend alot of time banging your head against the wall trying to figure out some wacky problem. Good luck.

I've already tryed the ram in working rigs, one stick is bad the other works same as last time, I was hoping there was some trick with the lan I was missing with this board I don't know I'm probably going to just call my credit card company & send the $hit back & buy it somewhere else, I've had probs with monarch in the past & am really just fed up to even rma it back to them after what they did once again paying for shipping this last time.

Odd, Ive dealt with them several times and have had a single problem, I alerted them to it and it was fixed within days.
(There was supposed to be a USB Card with the mobo I ordered, wasnt, shipped it 2 day air afterwards to get it too me, no cost.)

Ive got someone I want you to talk with there, its been a couple months since I ordered, but odds are he still works there. YGPM

As for Monarch, I just started purchasing from them allittle bit over a month ago as my current hardware supplier left the country to get marryed & is having trouble getting back, I bought allittle over $21,000.00 from monarch in this time & I've yet to receive everything I bought, Just the other day they used my credit card to pay for someone elses order, That's right. They lie to me on a daily basis "Don't matter who I talk to" I ordered a case of cpu's from em they said they could get in 3 days, took 6 weeks. Sent me the wrong ram 3 times in a row & refuse to refund because I did not let them know before 14 days, Purchased $5,000.00 one day to receive the 10% discount special they were offering, never received the 10%. I buy around $10,000.00 - $20,000.00 worth of new hardware a month & have purchased from companys bigger than manarch & smaller & never have I had any problems from any of the others, ever.

I could really get into these guys but this is a really touch subject with me as you see & should agree right now I'm so ******ed @ this company :mad:

Lets leave it @ that, If you like Monarch use em, I just put in a dispute for $21,000.00 with my credit card company "Every penny I sent em" :cool:

Oh They also sent me a shipment of refurbished mobo's then tryed to lie to me & tell me they were not refurbished as 2 of em did not work & after giving Tyan the serial #'s they tell me they were rma'd from them just a month prior to me receiving em.

Last edited:
Wow hehe. You should put a post regardint your experience with them in the Vendor Discussion forum here. Would help open some eyes to keep a look out.

Back