• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM1 heaatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saturn

Disabled
Dose anyone know what size fans the stock Am1 heat sinks use? And are there any aftermarket heat sinks out there for them? I know there only a 25w cpu, but hay I like to mod computers.

I thought I about using a NB/chipset heatsink. I even have a few NB/chipset water blocks haha :attn:

Last edited:
No, the boards are fine, The CPU is just limited in what it can do. Only HTT increases since the multi is locked etc.. It's only meant for light tasks any way and so very cheap. It would make a good TV box. They are a tough little APU though. I keep one around for the odd time I need it for benching

image_id_1471138.jpeg

A locked multi is not a problem for OC'ing, remember that almost every cpu had a locked multi for the longest time. That is unless the bus is tied into the PCI-e clock or something to prevent overclocking.

I'm sure that given their price they can't handle much of a overclock for long.
But I'm having a hard time believing that the motherboards don't hold them back some way. a 30-40$ can't have good mosfets,caps and so one. Given what there used for why would they?

Looks like some had hit 3ghz with the CPU's, anyway this is getting off topic.
So dose anyone know the size of the fan the stock am1 heat sinks use?

Back