• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 1.1 ghz or 1.2 heatsink/fan advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lynch

Registered
Hi im REAL need of help im completly unexperienced with fans and stuff like that. im going to buy an oem 1.1 or 1.2 processor( if i get the 1.1 i plan on overclocking to 1.2) I ordered the 1.2 retail a long time ago but the idiots have been delaying it and it was suppose to ship tomorrow and now its not going to till 2/21(this is the 3rd delay) The fans im thinking of are the fop38(i havent seen specs or anything but i always here about this thing any links to it?) or a super orb i found on www.3dcool.com this fan seems pretty pwerful(i dont know anything about fans im just comparing) but here are the spec for the orb:
other socket CPUs as well
Designed and tested for overclockers
Designed for Socket Thunderbird CPUs, works with
Top fan 5000RPM (17CFM), bottom fan 5500RPM (25.4CFM)
32dbA/34dbA fans
3-pin Power Connector for monitoring
Ball-Bearing for superior life!
Aluminum Alloy 6063 Heatsink for FAST heat dissipation
Comes with thermal compound
Lifetime Warranty

Now if it will work great but i dont know how measuring volume works but this has a volume of 32dbA/34dbA (there are two fans) Is this really loud and annoying? If some of u think i should just be safe and get the 1.1retail then tell me any suggestons would be great

Ps if u need to know about my case, its at coolerstar.com they only have 1 400watt midtower thats mine

I have the SuperOrb. I'm not really happy with it. My TB900 (at 1010) runs around 47C under normal stuff and up to 52C when running something like Diablo2. I haven't really cranked it up yet (with one of the cpu stressers).

Mostly folks are not happy with the SO. I'm leaning towards trying an Alpha Pep66.

Stay away from ORB coolers except the blue orb chipset cooler, i think it does alright, it might not be good for a video card but should suffice for a northbridge. The Global Win FOP38 is awesome but its REALLY loud, you might want to consider the Alpha 6035 or the Global Win FOP32, its not quite as powerful but its also much quieter.
-Mike

I can recommend the FOP 38 it keeps my 1.2ghz t-bird between 38C-43C, and my case sits inside my desks cabinet. The OCZ monster II is supposed to be good also, I just ordered one for my t-bird 800.
I dont know about the super orb, I never owned one.
But www.coolerchips.com has them for $17, I ordered the Monster II from them for $22, it was cheaper than OCZ direct.

hey kat i just read a review on the Kanie HedgeHog 238M( u have the ne with the copper right?) The review showed it outperforming the fop38! But i hope its not as load as a train or as loud as the fop38. Does any1 know more about this heatsink/fan, like how it performs on a 1.2ghz not overclocked and how loud it is?

oh and is the kanie just a heatsink or a fan and heatsink? if its just a heatsink what fan am i suppose to get?

Back