• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 1.4 needs to be over clocked.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scharfrich†er™

Hey people.

My AMD 1.4ghz I believe is not running to it’s full potential. It probably is but I’m willing to give Over Clocking a try to improve its speed. I probably won’t even notice a change in speed…but I probably will. I was hoping to get a few facts together about BIOS before I go fiddling around in there. I had a look last night and when they started talking Voltages and frequency’s I gave up…:eek: I read an article about 1 week ago explaining over clocking. And it basically said if you make one simple mistake, you end up with a fireball. So I was hoping to get a little assistance from anyone here.

Thanks in advance.

Marco.

Ok, first off i would suggest getting something like mbm to check yoru temps. If your temps are below 50 centigrade under load, I think you can try to overclock (athlons run hot). Go into your bios and adjust the FSB up a couple of megahertz. for instance from 100 to 101 or 133 to 134. Keep on incrimenting this until it doesn't work to well, go back to the last stable setting. I would not change voltages if i were you, they only help you squeeze out a few more hertz out of the chip. You can also try changing the CPU ratio or multiplier. The old athlons were unlocked and allowed you to do this.

I just overclocked the same chip. And just like you, this was my first time overclocking. And was I scared. (my only computer) It's now running at 1.51 mhz. Take it slow. I set my jumper on the board to 3.45 v, and in the bios I set the multiplier to 14 and the frontside bus to 108.

Get yourself either Motherboard Monitor or some other program from your boards manufacturer, so that you can check temps and voltages.

ookabooka said:
Ok, first off i would suggest getting something like mbm to check yoru temps. If your temps are below 50 centigrade under load, I think you can try to overclock (athlons run hot). Go into your bios and adjust the FSB up a couple of megahertz. for instance from 100 to 101 or 133 to 134. Keep on incrimenting this until it doesn't work to well, go back to the last stable setting. I would not change voltages if i were you, they only help you squeeze out a few more hertz out of the chip. You can also try changing the CPU ratio or multiplier. The old

athlons were unlocked and allowed you to do this.

Hey...I forgot to mention that I had MBM. I've had it for about 7 months, and about 3 months ago I worked out how to use the damn thing. I've checked my BIOS, and there is no listings on "FSB" could it be located under a different name?

Thanks!

Attachments

• mbmdash.jpg
    mbmdash.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 31
lol, yup :D

I have a CRAM Clock and a CPU Clock the CPU Clock goes to 100 to 166mhz...Just like yous.

The CRAM Clock went from 100 to 133, I put that up to 133 and rebooted hoping that it would boot and that I didnt have to take the BIOS battery out and leave it for 20 seconds ect...Well it booted...

Heres the dash with the Voltages and what not, I have no idea what to touch in BIOS and I dont want to touch anything in BIOS untill I know what i'm doing.

Attachments

• dashboard.jpg
    dashboard.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 21
I just tried putting 133 on my cpu clock, the computer didn’t boot, and nether did it recognize the monitor...I ripped the BIOS battery out and and waited, now the computer started with everything at its defaults. I got an error at startup "CMOS Chekon Error - Set as default " I went into bios and put the setting to never stop at any errors. I've checked my dash in MBM and the cpu is running at 1001mhz. What the F is going on?

Thanks for any response.

Back