• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD 600/Jumped to 1G...how hot is too hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M

Mikey

I want to jump my CPU up to the sought after 1G mark, I have a golden orb on my chip, no putty and right now I'm running at 650Mhz with a 52C CPU Temp. Is there a comfort zone to stick to ? I'm planning to get some goo today, I don't know how much it will help but I might as well do all I can do to do this thing right.

I HIGHLY recommend that you turn off your computer, and don't turn it on again, before you get that thermal grease applied!!!

It is very important to use the compund, if you don't want your CPU to get hot. And btw., 52c is way too hot, but I'm sure that it is due to the lack of some thermal compound....

When you get it, don't use too much though, just apply a thin layer of it with a razor or something. But be sure to use the thermal compund, ok m8? For your own sake!

WOW, you can fry an egg on that cpu...
I'd recommend a firehose and maybe some liquid helium...
good luck with the cooling

Back