• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 64-bit 3200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
an50r is notorious for killing cpu's when using high vdim. I would suggest the 8k3a+ or the 8k3aj (if you don't need the features on the +). The only non 250 board I like is the Aopen ak89 max which has low stock voltage options, which can be cleared up with some vmods.

I am currently waiting to see Aopen's nf3 250 board, which is suppose to have very generous voltage options.

The Epox looks good, but doesnt it have some poor stock cooler on the chipset and no mounting holes? How can you keep an OC too long if your NF3 chipset fries? gouda, do you have a link to aopen's nf3 preview, cant seem to find any info on it.

Haven't seen any...just what I have heard from the Aopen people, and that was the only problem with the 150 version, and vmods can take care of low voltage options anyway.

The crappy nb cooler doesn't seem to be limiting oc's at all. If it does though, you could always epoxy a cooler on being that it doesn't seem to take much of a cooler to keep it cool. A small fan will probably take care of it anyway.

@/2ct!< said:
The Epox looks good, but doesnt it have some poor stock cooler on the chipset and no mounting holes? How can you keep an OC too long if your NF3 chipset fries? gouda, do you have a link to aopen's nf3 preview, cant seem to find any info on it.

Moutning holes where areu talking about on the board, the cpu has the 2 mounting holes. The board does have a very small heatsinks on the southbridge or northbridge whatever it is on these new NF3 boards. But thats nothing a small 60mm fan cant handle just screw one on.

gouda96 said:
an50r is notorious for killing cpu's when using high vdim. (...)

Actually I thought this was the VDimm over 3,4V, with some peak- levels killing the memorycontroller? That's what I've heard (not seen, though)

The chipset is indeed a problem to me, since my watercooling won't fit without mounting holes- and a fan directly under the videocard is hardly possible in my system due to the watercooling.

Back