• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 700 duron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

homemadevolcom

Registered
I am getting a Amd Duron 700 and I have two questions. First of I am getting t for only 25 dollars and I want to know If this is a good deal (Its comming wit a mb) I expect it is a good deal but I am just checking. Second off, Is it true that it is unoverclockable? any help is..well...helpful.

If it works and you are getting a motherboard too thats a great deal, as for the overclocking part the Duron comes multipier locked and will need to be unlocked to overclock successfully, the board however may or may not support the needed multiplier /and or Fsb adjustment to make overclocking easy or possible so another board may be required:)

Right! Hopefully you will get a mobo with some overclocking options! As for your Duron, they are well known for their ability to o/c! I had my Duron 700 AKCAR around 1.1!

1.1, wow thats good. I know It works cause I am buying off my good friend. What mb should I plan to get if this one doesn't support the overclocking?

homemadevolcom said:
1.1, wow thats good. I know It works cause I am buying off my good friend. What mb should I plan to get if this one doesn't support the overclocking?

The Duron 750 will be supported by all Socket A motherboards. I hear the Epox 8KHA+ is a good overclocker - it takes DDR RAM.
If you want a cheap mobo, have a look around for an Asus A7V, A7V133 or an Abit KT7 or KT7A.

Lots of mobo's support O/C options, I don't really know models, but many KT133-A, KT266 & KT266-A chipsets will support the O/C options, they come from companies like ASUS, MSI, Epox...
The Asus models are just as the chipset is like ASUS A7V-133, ASUS A7V-266A.
Good luck

Hey I have built a system for my system with the duron 700 chip as well, can anyone answer the following question: to hit around 1ghz or 1.1 ghz o/c would it take water cooling is it can be achieved with hsf which ones would u reccommend?? also would a 700 mhz duron overclocked to 1 ghz be comparabe to a 1ghz athlon?

All that depends on 3 things:
1. Stepping
2. Cooling
3. Voltage settings

If u have lets say a good water cooling system, only 1.85Max vcore setting and a bad stepping then u prolly will not hit 1.1 maybe around 900 or something like this, but if u have good stepping and better Vcore selection, then u would be able to hit 1Gig maybe more...

The Duron 700 runs stock at 100MHz FSB x 7 multiplier. Even if you unlock the L1 bridges, if your mobo doesn't allow multiplier modification, then you will be stuck at 7. But, since the Durons OC so well, you can increase the FSB to 133 (assuming the mobo supports 133 FSB, most do) and get 933MHz. All it takes is decent cooling. i have run a Duron 750 at 1000 and a Duron 600 at 800 on a PCChips board that doesn't allow multiplier mods. It is a really easy and cheap way to have a truly decent system.:D

that price for that combo is a steal.
cross your fingers that the mobo has some oc'ing capabilities.
if you decide to get a mobo, i would recommend epox 8kha+.

jAws,
dude, thats a sweet oc'k...
:beer:

Back