• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 8320 o.c.+ Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neokosmitis

guyz if u could help me too
my specs are
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990Fx R2.0 - CPU:AMD Fx 8320 GPU: Sapphire VGA R9 380v2 Nitro Dual OC 4GB- RAM: 2x2GB+2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz - Cooler: Corsair H80- PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX Series 750w - Case: Zalman Z9 - Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster LD220HD -Speakers: Edifier 4.1 -Keyboard & Mouse: Microsoft & Hama Urage Illuminated

i have o.c. 8320 to 4.2 with currently settings
Cpu LLC : High
NB LLC : High
Cpu current cap : 130%
Dram: 130%
Cpu Multiplier : 21x
Bus Speed: 200mhz
Ht link/NB Freq : Auto
Cool&Quiet : Disable
C1E : Disable
SVM : Disable
Core C6 State : Disable
HPC mode : Enable
Cpu Cpectrum : Disable
Vcore :1.3V
Max Temp Cpu : 62 Celcius
Max Temp Vcore1 : 58 Celcius

i have ran prime couple times for 8 hours,and it seems stable BUT one time i noticed that from 4.3ghz dropped to 3.7 and 3.2ghz and other time from 4.3 to 4.1 and last time it didint drop...
on gamez some times drops from 4.3 to 4.1 and then 3.8...
these i have noticed from hwmonitor..
Also my temps on vrm are ok,it drops ghz for example while vrm temp are around 45Celcius...So it doesnt have to do with temps..
In HWinfo seems the sames values not at the same time...and noticed that multiplier doesnt dropp but bus clock of cpu+nb has dropped..
so my question is why?
i think that isnt throttling but i dont know the reason...
thought maybe is my mobo but i dont wanna to believe it...
do u have any idea?

i would like to note that there are times that while playing dont have any drop for hours but also there are times that in an hour can take me to 3.8 or 4.1...but i dont see any framedrop on gamez
P.S. power option in windows are set on perfomance

Last edited:
Reset all the stuff you have jacked up (Cpu LLC : High / NB LLC : High / Cpu current cap : 130% / Dram: 130%) back down to auto, these settings are only for extreme OC'ing useage and will make the CPU run hotter plus the board doesn't need all of this just to run 4.3GHz - I've taken my Sabertooth 2.0 and 8320 above 6.0GHz without changing anything related in the BIOS, certainly wasn't set to run that high with those settings.
If in doubt just set it as "Auto", the board is plenty capable of managing itself except in cases of going for extreme speeds.

Yes it's throttling, no doubt about it here. If the temps are getting above 55C as you've indicated it's gonna throttle back, max suggested temp you should ever see if it's doing OK would be 55c and that's pushing it.
With one of these chips the cooler the better anyway.
The 8320 should be able to reach that speed with as little as 1.37v's or so for the CPU without anything else having to be changed period.

ty for ur response,did u read what i wrote?
i mentioned that it drop bus speed=freq in lucky times,while temps are ok...thats why i said it hasnt to do with temps

Well something isnt right...

You say you have it oc to 4.3, but you have your clock at 200mhz and your multiplier at 20. Thats not 4.3 ghz...

Also, " RAM: 2x2GB+2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz" , dump the 2x2gb sticks, you probably dont need them, and they might be potentially causing issues.

You certainly dont need DRAM nor CPU at 130%, put it at 110, and never touch that again unless youre doing high end cooling or phase change. You just dont need it. You can probably also tone down the LLC with such a modest clock speed.

We're used to seeing "package temp" instead of "Max temp Vcore 1". Not sure they are the same but it appears your core temps may be borderline.

Please run Prime95 again using the nonpro version of HWMonitor as your temp/voltage monitoring software. Then capture the image of the program window and attach it to your post. There is built-in forum tool for attaching images. You will find it in the tool menu icons along the top edge of the post window. You can use the Windows snipping tool to crop the image.

Also, attach some images of CPU-z tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD. A picture is worth a 1000 words.
I am dubious that your H80 cooler is up to the task.

@bob4933 yes sry dude my mistake i mean 21x200=4.2ghz,why should i dump 2x2gb? then i will have 8gb not 12 :p and it is necessary for games.i will try with 110% percent!

@trents package temp arent reach 60celcius and cpu temp doesnt reach 68celcius.what do u mean with phase ''cooler is up to the task''?
cooler has been set on back of case as exhaust and i use it for 5 year :/ should i change it?

We're used to seeing "package temp" instead of "Max temp Vcore 1". Not sure they are the same but it appears your core temps may be borderline.

Please run Prime95 again using the nonpro version of HWMonitor as your temp/voltage monitoring software. Then capture the image of the program window and attach it to your post. There is built-in forum tool for attaching images. You will find it in the tool menu icons along the top edge of the post window. You can use the Windows snipping tool to crop the image.

Also, attach some images of CPU-z tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD. A picture is worth a 1000 words.
I am dubious that your H80 cooler is up to the task.

also i would like to mention that i already use nonpro hw monitor..i just installed open hardware monitor which records every 1sec and there doesnt show me any drops :/
so my question is,hwmonitor has issue? i have already deleted and re-install several times...but the same..
so is it issue of hwmonitor? cauze only hwmonitor make this dropps...

@bob4933 yes sry dude my mistake i mean 21x200=4.2ghz,why should i dump 2x2gb? then i will have 8gb not 12 :p and it is necessary for games.i will try with 110% percent!

@trents package temp arent reach 60celcius and cpu temp doesnt reach 68celcius.what do u mean with phase ''cooler is up to the task''? The phrase means, "does it provide enough cooling power for the CPU at the level of your overclock?" The 8 core FX CPUs typically require a bigger radiator to get a decent over clock.
cooler has been set on back of case as exhaust and i use it for 5 year :/ should i change it?

@trents package temp arent reach 60celcius and cpu temp doesnt reach 68celcius.what do u mean with phase ''cooler is up to the task''?

You 100% do not need 12 gb for gaming, sorry but there is no game that exists that comes even close. 8gb is PLENTY, and the 2+2 can very well be causing you some issues. Your call though.

The greater the amount of RAM, the more strain on the CPU's integrated memory controller which can lower overclock potential.

could be issue of mobo? i mean its new and maybe has issue (mentioning on freq drop of cpu) ?

The greater the amount of RAM, the more strain on the CPU's integrated memory controller which can lower overclock potential.

At least some of this is fluctuation is normal turbo core behavior. The turbo core technology speeds up some of the cores at any given time but not all of them at once. Cuts down on heat production. You can disable this in bios so that all cores run at the same speed all the time.

Back