• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 9370 issues with Crosshair Formula V - Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A little tip from me is when overclocking do it in steps and save them to the BIOS PROFILES as that is what they are for!! Like the OP step 1, save 4.4 when tested and 100% stable. Step 2, 4.6 the same and so forth and so on!! ;) :attn:

The reason i find this a simple way, if you hit a rough patch or bad OC you can always dial back into one that works. And the other thing is you can run a everyday setting using this system and choose one for when your gaming etc :thup:

Also, you do not have to look at scraps of paper its all there in the Bios for you, i hope its the same with AMD set ups and Motherboards!! :shrug:

EDIT: Yeah i like the Clowns better than the PINK PONYS LOL!!

Respectfully,

AJ.

Last edited:
Oh man that takes me back. My father had and old case that would just about throw you across the barn from said kickback. I'm surprised I didn't lose some teeth from that old girl.

P-State FID 0x1F - VID 0x01 - IDD 18 (23.50x - 1.537 V)
P-State FID 0x1C - VID 0x01 - IDD 18 (22.00x - 1.537 V)
P-State FID 0x1A - VID 0x01 - IDD 18 (21.00x - 1.537 V)
P-State FID 0x16 - VID 0x0A - IDD 14 (19.00x - 1.425 V)
P-State FID 0x12 - VID 0x14 - IDD 12 (17.00x - 1.300 V)
P-State FID 0x8 - VID 0x24 - IDD 7 (12.00x - 1.100 V)
P-State FID 0x10C - VID 0x35 - IDD 4 (7.00x - 0.887 V)

1.53 v at 23.5. I had it nowhere near that and it was *ahem* "stable".

@Ajay57: I like my scraps of paper thank you. They need recycling.

You poor city boys. :rofl::rofl:
You miss out on all the good stuff.

TrAkToR...by case equipment company. Some of the really old ones now appear in clown shows. Featuring J45. Hehehe.

BoBeRt...:bang head:bump:

We do th intermission at the tractor pulls. Only I always get stuck pulling the tractor.

Does the signature work?

EDIT: Yes it does!

You're right it does.

You're P-states look a lot like some we saw not that long ago. The chip I have is 1.5v for the top boost state. Which means in all likely hood you'll need more voltage for the same clocks.

So those P-States mean that If I wanted 4.7GHz to be stable I'd need 1.53 volts to do it at? And I should go up from there once I've confirmed that?

BTW you guys are crazy.

So those P-States mean that If I wanted 4.7GHz to be stable I'd need 1.53 volts to do it at? And I should go up from there once I've confirmed that?

BTW you guys are crazy.

Not necessarily, AMD has set it high so there's no chance of instability. Remember as well the 9370 is 4.7 turbo which is not all cores. But back to the answer, Maybe. :rofl::rofl:
Seriously though what I did when testing mine was I started a 1.45v set in bios and then started going up in frequency from from 4.5G and tested for 20 minutes with prime I got up to 4.8 and then started dropping the volts out of curiosity and could do 4.8G with 1.428v for 30 minutes in prime. Now that wasn't fully stable I ended at abot 1.45v but have it at 1.476v just to be sure.
So odds are you will need more voltage since your stck vid is quite a bit higher. Looks like you were able to or nearly able to run 4.8 at ~1.5v you were semi stable but getting warm so you may want to back down to 4.7 and fine tune a good solid OC at that speed and work from there. It's always good to have a stable baseline to fall back on in case you lose your way.

And ya we're nuckin futz and like it that way. As we like to say just a bunch of Trained Rodeo Clowns

CPU 4.7GHz 1 HR stable.PNG

Somehow I think those P-States are liars, but this was after an hour of testing here. I've saved this as my current OC profile (Thanks: Ajay57). Nothing too out of the ordinary here except the fact that my voltage is MUCH lower than it's related p-state. Here comes 4.8 (in an hour or so, only have 9 hours of work time so this is not ideal...)

Before you go too far those temps are getting a bit high!!
Was that shot taken while P95 was running or after??when I see 68 cpu and 63 on the package that's where we would advise people to stop.

Last edited:
That was after. The 68 on the CPU is always there, the package though rarely dips above the 60's. I checked the machine a lot and it never was at or above 60 when I looked at it. Of course, merely observing the object can dictate its outcome.

I'll just leave it there and welcome in the new year before doing much else. I will come back however (hopefully with liquid cooling) and follow up with something.

when I see 68 cpu and 63 on the package that's where we would advise people to stop.

I saw that as well. Temps and voltages is why he had trouble before he started out to establish the baseline @4.7Ghz.

I can see 72c on the cpu/socket, but he is already beyond the 62c on the core/package where craziness can begin to happen.

The situation he is seeing is why that other user tested his 9370 about 2 days and got a refund. I now see why you think your FX-9370 is a 'cherry', Johan45.
RGBobertster...stignatorzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back