• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 9370 issues with Crosshair Formula V - Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry for my irregular posting schedule, I blame school. I have my loop filled and I was trying to bleed it out. I've read online that you're supposed to get all the bubbles out:
1. Run the pump for awhile (doing that right now)
2. Move the case so that the bubbles move around the tubing and stuff
3. Turn the pump on and off so that the bubbles leave.

Yet, I can actually hear the water moving in the loop, which means that there are still bubbles in the loop. Am I correct in that I shouldn't hear the water moving in the loop? Any more tricks and tips I can do? Thanks in advance and I found something neat:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2585-ASUS-Crosshair-V-Formula-BIOS-Guide-Overclocking

The link above explains every single thing about that CHV(z)'s BIOS options. I stumbled upon it looking for DRAM Driving controls.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2585-ASUS-Crosshair-V-Formula-BIOS-Guide-Overclocking

The link above explains every single thing about that CHV(z)'s BIOS options. I stumbled upon it looking for DRAM Driving controls.

Yes "raja" did that initial guide on the non-Z board. Not the Z board. A few years ago I used to speak with "raja" on a daily basis and he is a sharp cookie for sure. I knew he was working for Asus but am not sure he sitll is. Seems someone else winds up taking on that guide as it moved on in time.

Having only seen inside the bios of the CHV-Z board and not used one; there are differences. Probably not so much that what he says generally is not still true and what he says about the RAM is surely still very good. But with the Z board there is LLC for the Ram now and some of menus appear differently.
RGone...

As for the bubbles you may need to do some acrobatics with the case to get them all out. Lay it on it's side for a while, tip it on it's back etc. It all depends on the orientation of your parts. The rad in particular can trap air in the top cavity.

Yeah, but it answered my question about the BIOS and possibly any future BIOS question.

I don't know if you missed my question that went along with that. Maybe I should rephrase it?

It sounds like I can hear (and visibly see) the water rushing through the CPU block whereas I'm assuming I shouldn't. Can y'all hear your loop's water running through your block or can you only hear the pump, if at all?

Thanks Johan45, will find my trapeze and start juggling it around.

EDIT: Disregard my last question. Johan help me fix it. Thanks again for that.

Last edited:
All I hear is my pump running Zephyr, i figured that was apparent when I suggested the acrobatics.

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen. All I can say is I have the best looking computer ever! Will be posting test results soon and max overclock later.

4.7GHz liquid.PNG

There you go. Everything is the same as before except I matched the HT link and NB frequencies at 2400mhz and HPC mode enabled. This was run for 20 minutes, mind you.

As far as the waterblock it's really solid. Full metal backplate plus non conductive rubber and the block is huge!

Be back later this weekend with other things, but thanks guys! Been a blast.

BTW the 360 rad is all push and the 280 is push pull.

Zypher did you put a fan on the backside of the board yet? 17 c difference in temp between the socket and package usually indicates there isn't one. What speed are you running, the temps looks pretty solid.

Hey, if my cooling solution can cool 1.74 volts at load and my chip ain't fried just think of how high I could go (in GHz that is)!

OK settle down, that's crazy talk :screwy:

If your cooling can handle that ? That's the disclaimer. Don't know if your 9370 is going to react like mine but 5600+ for benching maybe. But I don't think your cooling will take that voltage TBH.(on the back deck in -10c weather maybe)

Back