• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 9370 issues with Crosshair Formula V - Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yo out in space to Z__U. Take this lightly so as not to blow up anything...but your thread and your parts and pieces are a freeken breath of fresh air. Went for the good stuff. Dremel'd where needed and handy with pics. Thanks man.

RGone...

I think you were mistaken with my "go home" joke. I wasn't frustrated. I'm sorry for any offense towards you and your kind (what ever they are down there, can't really tell just by looking at you).

I think I'll be sticking to my thread for awhile. Catch you all later.

Z__U Warp 5 ----> Zeoom

Hey, I'm back again! Had some phone troubles but I'm currently running another four hour stability test on 4.9 at 1.53 volts. That'll probably be my 24/7 Overclock and I'll see how high I can push afterwards.

Anyways, while I'm waiting ran into this article published rather recently. Wanted to know you guys thoughts on it:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/di...th_Chip_with_Sixteen_Cores_on_Single_Die.html

Sounds to me a bit far off but it might be possible that we could see something of this?

It seems as if it's more speculation then anything, I read that article yesterday. Though it would be nice if they did build a enthusiast Cpu even if it wasn't 16 "cores". I'll take a 8 core steamroller if they produce it.

I'm not expecting the world out of it but it is definitely "comforting", if even, to know that AMD hasn't forgotten the high end like many have been saying.

we are lucky these things get a bit unstable beyond a known voltage voltage, if I were you I would not go looking for it.

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm, a 16 core 5.2 ghz processor, I might be interested in that my self............

So tell me exactly what is a safe threshold for that socket temp? It certainly doesn't like to stay cool while I stress test, with or without fan. 72 degrees correct?

I've also been having some overall stability issues with my overclock so I'm trying to iron things out a bit myself before coming here. Seems to run prime95 just fine at it's current settings but YouTube, some games, and a few other things are acting out of the norm.

I'm pretty dang happy about her though! Very close to 5.0Ghz at a higher than normal (from what I've gathered elsewhere) voltage. I tried combining the FSB with the multiplier but it didn't seem any easier, just more math.

I sometimes still get a Windows 7 freeze every now and then when I test for higher MHz. Really don't know what's going on there. Haven't had much time to research and stuff due to school and intergalactic affairs.:chair:

@C_D maybe I'm at that mythical voltage? 1.548v under load, which is just slightly higher than my highest p-state.

We will usually tell users that 72c is about as high as you'll want to go but have seen others that run them hotter by a significant margin. For normal usage I wouldn't run above that for a significant amount of time but for testing/benching that's a whole different story.

Only way too see if there is something wonky with your settings is if you post some screenies.

Honestly, I haven't changed much from my previous screenshots other than the voltage on the Cpu and it's multiplier, so I personally don't think I need to. More of a comment rather than a question really.

The temperature seems to back off tremendously when I remove the back panel of the case so that's when I'll do my testing.

It's all about temps, get them lower and it makes the Cpu a lot happier. I imagine in space the ambient temps are rather low though. :D

It's all about temps, get them lower and it makes the Cpu a lot happier. I imagine in space the ambient temps are rather low though. :D

You'd be surprised that it's not the case. In terms of temps that is correct, but there isn't an environment in which heat can transfer to. So I have to radiate the heat rather than convect it away from the rads. In fact it's much more efficient if I pull the thing inside and use the air because it transfers the heat faster.

So while the ambience is fantastic, it doesn't remove the heat fast enough unless I had a huge rad specifically designed to do that.

I need to install a refrigerator room where the ambience would snap freeze anything and see what it will do!

Mounted upright in a case as normal and snap froze, the ram and video cards would fall out and the fans freeze up and get ruined. Had a bud of ours that took his stuff into -40 atmosphere and spent 2 days ordering parts to fix shett.

That was the funniest or maybe just strangest phone call when he called and told me what happened. H*ll it never crossed my mind that such would be his result. I wanted to laugh as he described it...but I thought better of it. Hehehe.

I put my computer in cold storage and all my shett fell out of the sockets. Now that should have been video'd for sure.
RGone...ster.

Of course because everything contracted due to the cold. This is why some heat is good!

Question : did he have his computer on? That'd be funny if it was on and things started to fall out (in a weird sadistic way)

From what I know the HDD will die below certain temps, I haven't found out what temps yet though, I had mine at -6-8c once while benching outside and everything is still functioning.

Back