• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A64 Price Drops Effective 07/26/2004

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

melon_stunner

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Location
Santa Clara, California
FYI....

3800+ 512MB cache = $636 939-Pin
3700+ 512MB cache = $502 939-Pin
3500+ 512MB cache = $443 939-Pin
3400+ 1MB cache = $284 754-Pin
3400+ 512MB cache = $280 754-Pin
3200+ 512MB cache = $204 754-Pin
3000+ 512MB cache = $161 754-Pin
2800+ 512MB cache = $142 754-Pin

:attn:
 

hitechjb1

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2003
melon_stunner said:
FYI....

3800+ 512MB cache = $636 939-Pin
3700+ 512MB cache = $502 939-Pin
3500+ 512MB cache = $443 939-Pin
3400+ 1MB cache = $284 754-Pin
3400+ 512MB cache = $280 754-Pin
3200+ 512MB cache = $204 754-Pin
3000+ 512MB cache = $161 754-Pin
2800+ 512MB cache = $142 754-Pin

:attn:

All the 512MB should read 512 KB.

Unless it is a new release, there is no existing 3700+ 512 KB L2 939, the existing 3700+ is a CG ClawHammer w/ 1 MB L2.

Also unless it is a new release, there is no existing 3400+ 512 KB L2 754.

So are they new releases or implying some new release CPU's?
 

DumpALump

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2002
Location
California, US
wow, those are some good prices! Just think the price of the mobile 2600+ with guarenteed stepping is $110. Newegg is $95.

Now you can get a 2800+ a64 for $142 :clap:
 

hitechjb1

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2003
Leviathan41 said:
Anyone have an estimate as to what the prices will be for Socket 939 A64s around Christmas? That is when I plan to upgrade.

That depends on whether there will be some 3000+ or 3200+ 939. Prices are generally correlated to those PR rating numbers. If so, these 939 would be under $200 estimated, IMO.
 

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2002
c627627 said:
3500+ at USD 500


:burn:

OC Detective wrote on 05-23-04 10:14 PM:
I take these prices with a pinch of salt - I have always stated AMD must follow Intel and as such they will release the top of the line at 637 with the second tier at 417 a third tier (which hopefully will be the 3300 or so 939) will be under 300 bucks. One website and everyone believes it as fact?

c627627 wrote on 05-23-04, 10:49:
For the record, my opinion is unchanged:
There will be no 'third tier' until Q4 2004 (earliest) to Q1 2005 and I still do not see the 'second tier' debuting at newegg.com at anything less than $499...

:burn:

newegg.com, June 1, 2004:
939at$499.jpg


http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=301383
 

Jhatfie

Member
Joined
May 14, 2003
Location
Kent, Wa
Damn, the new prices are awesome. As much as I want to try out a newcastle (and I do...bad). I think I can hold out buying something new for a while longer and wait for a 939 when they move to the 9nm in a couple months. I dunno though, a 11x multi newcastle 3200+ sure would be fun for me to play with.
 

Bar81

Disabled
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Location
SoCal
hitechjb1 said:
That depends on whether there will be some 3000+ or 3200+ 939. Prices are generally correlated to those PR rating numbers. If so, these 939 would be under $200 estimated, IMO.

There will be according to AMD roadmaps.
 

Ri0

Member
Joined
May 4, 2004
Location
Madison, WI
Oh this is perfect timing. I'm due to get a 754 socket SFF this week in a trade and was looking at CPU's Wanted a 3200 Newcastle, but could only afford a 3000. Looks like I'll get the 3200 after all!
 

Bar81

Disabled
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Location
SoCal
hitechjb1 said:
All the 512MB should read 512 KB.

Unless it is a new release, there is no existing 3700+ 512 KB L2 939, the existing 3700+ is a CG ClawHammer w/ 1 MB L2.

Also unless it is a new release, there is no existing 3400+ 512 KB L2 754.

So are they new releases or implying some new release CPU's?

I'm wondering about those CPUs also. A LOT of people are claiming there are 512k 3400+ CPUs around but I haven't seen any.
 

CandymanCan

Disabled
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
Location
Woodbridge, Va
Claiming we dont need to claim thier are 3400+AXBoxed newcastles on newegg's site have been for awhile, the AX in the name means its a garunteed Cg revision.

The price drops are awsome

Btw for the socket 939 is $365 the lowest the 3500+ will go down to or will they drop even more. I asking because now thats the prices have dropped i may considering putting my 3000 and Epox up for sale on ebay and buy the socket 939.