• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Announces Never Settle Game Bundle & Driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm, AMD now catched up to comparable Nvidia stuff even on 3DMARK11. Nvidias strength seems to be fading away on almost any spot.

Got +1400 points in Graphics score in 3D11 with 12.11
BF3 doesn`t go below 55 fps now (my cpu sucks).

One thing i don`t like is that my idle memory clock doesn`t drop. Stays the same as in full load.

ps: 7970 dcu2top

Tigerdirect is charging $45 extra on cards that will include the game bundle. Well, the only one I've seen so far on their website was the xfx 7970

The card normally: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3242918&CatId=7387

With the bundle: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5736415&CatId=7387

I contacted them via the livechat and the person I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about after spending 30 minutes "looking into it." I contacted them by phone and was told by the phone rep that to receive the free games I'd have to buy their bundle that is $45 more. So if anyone was considering that XFX 7970 from them, think about this. Very discouraging. :eek:

Wow, you'll be amazed at the difference coming from that system! If you get an SSD with the money you save on the GPU, you'll be even more blown away. :thup:

You're on my same wave length man! My newegg parts showed up today.....which were 2 X 1TB WD cav blacks and a new Samsung 830 SSD 128GB! Was planning on installing windows on the SSD for quick boot times and pretty much everything else on my 2 WD drives.

I got my eyes on the 3GB Sapphire 7970 Ghz ED as soon as it comes back in stock. Hopefully....1 - 2 weeks.....and I'll finally be able to play some newer games. Basically.....I have to catch up on everything since Doom 3 , HL2 and Farcry 1......yeah....I'm that far out of the loop!

I'm considering replacing my SLi with a 7950. No watercooling on the GPU for now. What do you guys think?

I see no point for most games or you just wish to save some on electricity bill. If you are not playing above 1920x1080 then it won't make any difference. Most games are still running at max details on even single GTX470 and for some other 2 of these cards are more than enough.
Better wait till next generation.

12.11 beta4 have been released. maybe they`ll fix the stuck idle clock. I`ll return with feedback :D
le:nope, still the same. Maybe they fixed the skyrim shadows not appearing at all

Last edited:
Back