• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Announces Zen 3 Support for B450 and X470 Motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Point three from them is slightly concerning.

"The select beta BIOSes will enable a one-way upgrade path for AMD Ryzen Processors with “Zen 3,” coming later this year. Flashing back to an older BIOS version will not be supported."

From a trouble shooting perspective being able to try a different CPU is helpful. I think this is some of the reason AMD didn't want to support these boards since this will potential cause major headaches down the road. When some especially used boards dont even support the same CPU's on the same chipset. Have to wait and see how it gets implemented before I can decide if I like this or not.

Yeah it's not going to be an ideal user experience. There was probably enough trouble getting the 4 series chipsets to run the 3rd gen chips that they didn't think it was worth the headache.

Will be interesting to see if the new chips are worth upgrading to or if it is mostly noise about nothing for most people on those platforms.

Back