• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 Bios error display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knsundar

i have AMD ASUS M5A99FX PRO 2.0 MBD with fx8320 processor, 8 gb ram, HD 5450 2GB GPU. the system shutdown any time. sometimes, it may work even a day. first, the system processor fan ran in high speed and after that within 2 minutes, the system hangs. i have tried to get service the MBD with asus, it was not solved. i replaced with new HDD, smps also. the problem with the bios CPU voltage remains 2.8 - 2.9v and its shows in RED. i am attached the screen shot for your reference. pl. help to solve it. :confused:

This will be fun....

First, I dont see a screenshot.
Second, your cpu wld be dead if it ran 2.8v.
Next, what is an "smps" you replaced??
What are load temps?
Does it shutsown only on load?

There is no screenshot attachment. knsundar. I too would like to know what "smps" is.

Can you manually lower the CPU voltage?

Smps is probably "switch mode power supply" and even if it's not, those voltages seem pretty impossible. Let's hope that 2.8v is being read incorrectly by the user or the mobo. Incredibly high voltage would explain problems after 2 min, if the chip didn't shutdown beforehand from too much heat

ASUS M5A99FX PRO2.0 MBD

Smps is probably "switch mode power supply" and even if it's not, those voltages seem pretty impossible. Let's hope that 2.8v is being read incorrectly by the user or the mobo. Incredibly high voltage would explain problems after 2 min, if the chip didn't shutdown beforehand from too much heat

thanks for your immediate reply. i am attached the screen shot for your ref. i replaced the SMPS with new one 600w. coolermaster.

sorry for the inconvenience.

IMG_20171006_083119.jpg IMG_20171006_083040.jpg

Last edited:
Use F12 to get screen shots of your BIOS screens then save to flashdrive (FAT32) then upload to here. Fuzzy pics hard to read. Also we call smps a PSU.

Back