• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd Athlon 3200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sykotix420

hey guys im a newbie when it comes to OC...but ive seen it done many many times and ive toyed around with the settings in my bios a bit..but i havnt really done anything drastic..all im wondering is what settings should i use to get about 2.5 - 2.6 out of my AMD Athlon 64 3200+ venice core

my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI, ive only got a a gig of RAM but whatever...if anyone could gimme sum advice id appreciate it..ive got CPU-Z and Everest on here so if you wanna know any temps or voltages lemme know an i will post em thanks!

JimOkc

Registered
Howdy!

#1. Take a few minutes and read this http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391768

remember terminolgy inside the bios may be different but as an A64 it all will help in the long run.

#2 get the tools mentioned. cpuz you have, a good temp monitoring proggy, and something to test stability (prime 95, OCCT, orthos).

(edit #2a) Get your bios settings off of the auto settings especially for voltages (CPU, DIMM), multi, bus ref clock (similar to old FSB), memory ratio and timings.

#3 use the basic steps mentioned in post to allow you to test your components separately.

#4 Let us know how it goes, and have fun doing it.

OP
Sykotix420

Sykotix420

thanks guys...i will give it a shot...i noticed that everest way over calculates my temp..it says its running at like 69*C but my bios says its only at like 32*-33*C which is closer to bein correct? the bios?