• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 vs AMD Phenom X4 9100e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chris1neji

My hardware
  • OS Windows 8 64 bit pro
  • CPU AMD Phenom X4 9100e
  • Motherboard Gateway RS780
  • Memory 2GB X2 DDR2
  • Graphics Card Sapphire HD 6850
  • Sound Card Integrated
  • Monitor(s) Displays Gateway 19" + Dell 19"
  • Screen Resolution 1440X900 sometimes 2880 by 900
  • Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
  • Mouse Gigabyte GM-M6800
  • PSU Antec BP 550watts
  • Case Antec 300
  • Cooling Stock Cooling
  • Hard Drives WD 80GB WD 640GB WD 1,000GB
  • Internet Speed D: 30Mbps U:4Mbps

Hello guys I am Chris, I had a question that is very hardware related. My friend offer me his old tower with spare parts he told me had a AM2 processor type I learned he had the AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 2.7GHz . Would it be faster than my Phenom X4 9100e 1.8Ghz? I understand speed isn't just measured in clock rate. I feel that the Duo Core would outperform my tiny quad core though...

Is the only way to truly find out if this is true is by testing it myself?

Your best bet is to test it yourself. You also need to see if that proprientary motherboard will even work with the Athlon 64 X2 7750. Some of those boards that come in redi-builts will not support just any cpu.
RGone...

I believe the AMD 7750 has a Kuma core. Its a terrible processor. Runs very hot and no potential for overclocking. That's if your lucky enough to make it run with your gateway board. Best to just upgrade to a am3 platform and run a 965 or similar. Or go with an FX series board. Good luck.

Kuma's will overclock some. I had one overclocked to 3.1 ghz I think using a CM Hyper 212+ TX3 92 mm fan based cooler. Did run hot, though. Not one of AMD's greatest products.

Last edited:
I will be buying an upgrade but not immediately. I have already made a temporary list that I can adapt since the hardware market is constantly changing. Was just wondering if I could gain performance today.

Kuma's will overclock some. I had one overclocked to 3.1 ghz I think using a CM Hyper 212+ 92 mm fan based cooler. Did run hot, though. Not one of AMD's greatest products.

Hyper 212 is a 120mm cooler, unless you only had a 92mm fan mounted to it... ?

Hyper TX3 is a 92mm cooler...

The Kuma core (which that has) is essentially a cut down Phenom.
You'd be loosing two cores to gain 900MHz, whether it'd be an improvement depends on whether your daily use software uses more than two cores or not.

Kuma's will overclock some. I had one overclocked to 3.1 ghz I think using a CM Hyper 212+ TX3 92 mm fan based cooler. Did run hot, though. Not one of AMD's greatest products.

Yes your right. I did get mine in the same range as well, so my first post wasn't entirely accurate. As you mentioned, its really not something amd would ever want to "showcase" lol

Back