• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Event Attendance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

]-[itman

It's hard to tell because there were people in seperate rooms and some hanging out outside, but, I'd say that at the Phoenix event, there was 200-300 people in attendance.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
Ok...did I read somewhere correctly (posted in the forums here) that you have to register online just to be able to get in??

300 people or so isn't a heck of a lot. There was well over 1000 at the Boston event on the first AMD Tour. I like the odds better w/ 300 or so....:p

]-[itman

Well, there were actually more people this time in Phoenix then last year, so you may not be so lucky Mr B.

You don't have to register online to get in, you can register when you get there, but you can get in earlier and faster if you register online beforehand.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
]-[itman said:
Well, there were actually more people this time in Phoenix then last year, so you may not be so lucky Mr B.

You don't have to register online to get in, you can register when you get there, but you can get in earlier and faster if you register online beforehand.

Earlier and faster...LOL. Sound good to me. Last time, I almost got shut out entirely.... The wife and I got there very early, and when the time came to do stuff, they had us move from one side of the street to the other suddenly.

We got shuffled way, way back. They got the line going to hand out the raffle tickets, and my wife and I literally got to the table, eye to eye with the guys, and they said no more. I was BS. :mad: We went inside the Galleria Mall (this was just outside the Mall, the AMD event), to use the bathrooms, and when we came back out five minutes later, they had started giving out tickets again!!!

We managed to get one of the AMD people to let us go right up to the table, around the side of the line, as this person recognized us from when we got shut out just a few minutes before..

After having numbers called all around ours, mine was called about 175th of 200. The wife's number got missed by one...I almost walked off with a pair of XP's...:D (I'd have set up a duallie a long time ago if that happened...LOL)

If registering for this new event (which I did days ago now...) can spare me that grief, I'm all for it. ;)

]-[itman

Mr B said:

Earlier and faster...LOL. Sound good to me. Last time, I almost got shut out entirely.... The wife and I got there very early, and when the time came to do stuff, they had us move from one side of the street to the other suddenly.

We got shuffled way, way back. They got the line going to hand out the raffle tickets, and my wife and I literally got to the table, eye to eye with the guys, and they said no more. I was BS. :mad: We went inside the Galleria Mall (this was just outside the Mall, the AMD event), to use the bathrooms, and when we came back out five minutes later, they had started giving out tickets again!!!

We managed to get one of the AMD people to let us go right up to the table, around the side of the line, as this person recognized us from when we got shut out just a few minutes before..

After having numbers called all around ours, mine was called about 175th of 200. The wife's number got missed by one...I almost walked off with a pair of XP's...:D (I'd have set up a duallie a long time ago if that happened...LOL)

If registering for this new event (which I did days ago now...) can spare me that grief, I'm all for it. ;)

Well, think about it this way, if you had gotten a ticket when you first got up to the table, you may not have won;)
You'll still want to get there early because the event in Phoenix still could only hold so much, but as I said, the process will go much smoother. Good luck on bringing another folder home;)

OC-Master

This sux, I gotta wait untill March next year before AMD comes to E-town. Actually, they said they are bringing Hammer with them so this should be one heck of a demo show.

OC-Master

DaveSauce

So does anyone know if, as a reseller, you can bring someone in with you? My bro and I are going, and i'm registered as a reseller but he isn't...it would be kickass if we could both get in...I wanna get in early, but I dont wanna leave him behind....considering that i'm only technically a reseller, I would be very out of place...lol. I dont wanna be in there alone!

Glaze132

The AMD event was great last night here in Las Vegas. I even won a 2400+. I was so surprised and oh yeah the attendance was probably around 75-125 peeps here. It is a lot of fun too.
Click Me

Last edited:

BomberBear

where is their schedule? How many do they give away? It sounds like the chances of winning are pretty decent

Jstic

75-100 people, wow!. Mr. B, I was at Boston last year and there were well in excess of 3,000 people there. This was verified by AMD as I asked them after the event. They said it was the largest turnout they had had, by a large margin.

Here's a tip for anyone thinking of going to one of these events, if you live in a city where there are a lot of colleges, don't even bother. 95% of the people at the Boston event were college kids. College students are drawn to "freebie" events like a bee is to honey.

Twyst

There was probably 150-250 people at the Atlanta, Ga event.

Here's my humorous story:

I brought my wife along just as a joke
"Come on honey you'll give us a better chance of winning a chip." - my exact words

She's the first number called out of the first drawing.

That and one of my friend got picked for the first round of the battle of the boxes.

Anyways got a 2100+ outta the trip.