• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Event Phoenix AZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
The Event was well presented.
The eatz were great, & disappeared fast.
By the time the event kicked off, 15 processors had already been given out.
(Arrive early next year:) )
T-shirts, AMD bags - similar to a carry all or lap top bag, just not as padded,
were given and literally "thrown" out to everyone.

If your lucky enough to make it to the stage to "try" for the final "Build a Box" competition,
your prize bag for being a contestant, consisted of a Tee-shirt, Bag (mentioned above)
a hat, and a Processor ! Sweeeeet. EDIT: a 2100+

One young man of 17 yrs old, had won a processor,
and because of not being "Legal age" and had NO parent with him, had to fore-fet the prize.

All in all, I would have to say go to an AMD event
even if you've never been to one. It was a HOOT !

Last edited:
man i am 17 i gotta bring my dad w/ me i wanna win those 2100+!!!! or even better a 2600+ if they have any!

what cpus were they giving away?

Hey, I was at the Phoenix one too, what do you look like? BTW, the kid's dad came down and they gave him a processor. I'm not 18 either, but they let my bro-in-law act as my gaurdian. How do you hyperlink in this forum, I can't remember. I got picked in the first drawing of 15 cpu's(I got there early :p).

P.S. Emericana, you can't participate in the battle of the boxes because they are giving a check($2500) to the winner.

Emericana said:
so i wouldnt be able to sign the check away to my dad?

that is so stupid damn 17 and 18 is no diff at all!

Nope:( They have to present the check to the winner and the winner must be 18+. Their hands are tied.

Here's some pics of me and the stuff I got. All the pics are either scanned in or taken with a crappy webcam lol.

Last edited:
The winning ticket number 21126. When you first get it, there's three slips you tear off and put into three different boxes for the three different processor drawings. I was drawn 4th or 5th in the first drawing.

Finally, me holding my winner's certificate and processor. You can't tell, but I'm also wearing my free AMD t-shirt. It's a plain white shirt with a green AMD logo on the front.

BomberBear said:
hitman, you never mentioned what cpu you won...

Sorry about that, I mentioned it in another thread, forgot to mention it in this one. As Emericana said, they are giving away 2100+'s. Mine is a AGOIA-9 year 2 week 19 chip.

Emericana said:
damn i wanna go sooooooo bad in Boston

so wait i can win cpus right? i just need to hand it to my dad?

Yes, you can still win a cpu from the drawing. You just have to have a "gaurdian" with you (they let my bro-in-law pass as mine) and he was still elligible to win(he wasn't drawn though:(). The guy there was really cool about it, I don't think he was suppose to let my bro-in-law still be elligible for a drawing after I had won, but he let him anyway.

ohhhh man....

Oh yea, and if you are a reseller, you can get there at 7 instead of 8:30...thats why processors were already given out.

Hehe, I'm a reseller, w00t. I work for sams club, so that qualifies me as a reseller....even tho I push carts, rofl. And seeing as i'm 18 on thurs, i'll be able to qualify for any prizes. w00t w00t.

Hitman -
Good jod Dude ! my # 's :) were 21146 & 21145.
Sooooo close.....

Sorry, 2100+ 's were given away.
I arrived early,
only needed to be registered online
to get there early. :)

Even though I didn't win a CPU,
I still had a good time.
I recieved a "collared shirt" and 3 T-shirts,2 hats
& 2 AMD bags, my kids got like 75 of the mints...

If it's coming to YOUR town, GO !

Last edited:
Emericana said:
he won a 2100+
I could use one of those, especially if its an AGOIA, I got one of those as a 2000+ but a 2100+ would let me overclock a lil better Id imagine

Sounds like fun, Im gonna hope to try to goto the one here in the middle of the month.

Whats the link to that site again (where ya gotta register and such)?

Back