• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FAQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MCain said:
Hello all,

I keep re-reading this stepping on the Barton I just received from Newegg. I haven't seen it anywhere else:

IQYFA 0350 SPBW

I just haven't seen one that starts with 'I' before. Clearly very recent and very locked. I'll be interested in a few days when the Abit board arrives to see how it does.

Whoa... arent things that start with I mobile versions?!! if its an AMD model 10 it has to b egin with AXD. o_O Ill check the mobile tech doc!

EDIT: AMS = MP athlon... also cant find Mobile tech doc o_O

Just found AXM = mobile, but didnt check stepping how stupid of me =P

Last edited:
The proc code is AXDA2500DKV4D. That's normal and corresponds to a Barton 2500+. It just looks like a new stepping to me.

I have a Berton 2500+ PQZFA 0347 MPMW cpu now.

Havn't seen this anywhere else yet.

I'll try to take a pic of it and post it.

I have an AXIB 2000+..... might wanna add it ;)

EDIT: Im gonna HOPEFULLY stick it under my SLK-947U when I can get it away from my lil bro for a few hours.... Ill reply how far it goes, but it was running pretty cool with stock heatsink.. around 35C.....

EDIT: second x in there isnt actually there =P it does 2.1ghz stock vcore! :D

Last edited:
cmcquistion said:
Maximus, I just found out about this product that might deserve a spot in your sticky. It's a new version of the old "Golden Socket Adapter". Claims that it allows any multiplier, up to 24X. Looks really promising.

Here is one distributor of this product. I don't know anything about this distributor, but they carry the product.

Credit, where credit is due.

*EDIT* According to the manufacturer, this will only work with CPU's that are unlocked by default, aka, all their L1 bridges are intact. This is the default condition of T-breds and Bartons, but not ~all~ earlier processors.

This is the exact quote:

Why can't the multipliers of my AMD Athlon XP be adjusted ?
1. Before using XP-TMC for upgrade, you must check whether the multipliers of your Athlon XP is locked or not. If yes, you can't use XP-TMC for adjusting the multipliers

It means that your new locked Bartons wont work.

Thanks for adding that Fleck.

You're absolutely right. Newer locked CPU's aren't going to be adjustable, even with the XP-TMC. At the time that I originally posted that, all T-breds and Bartons were multiplier unlocked. Unfortunately, those days are gone, now.

dippy_skoodlez said:
I have an AXIxB 2000+..... might wanna add it ;)

EDIT: Im gonna HOPEFULLY stick it under my SLK-947U when I can get it away from my lil bro for a few hours.... Ill reply how far it goes, but it was running pretty cool with stock heatsink.. around 35C.....

Does 2.1ghz With my slk at 38C load, Stock Vcore. I got it to 2.3 with 1.65Vcore.

shoot, i got one of the IQYFA steping, haven't test it yet crap, i don't like stuff that i don't have info on.

Is this for Desktop overclocking because it's the Barton mobiles that are overclocking champs now, not the 1700+s.

I just got my 2500+ from newegg (ordered last Thursday) It's green, not brown, if that make a difference (someone mentioned something about that.)
AXDA2500KV4D
AQZFA0351SPMW

While the first L12 and the last 3 L5 are burnt, not a single L3 appears to have been lased. What's up with that?
(It looks like the entire L9 and the second L11 were cut, though, too.)

Edit to update
I traded up for a Mobile 2400+,
AXMH2400FQQ4C
AQYFA0343QPMW

Last edited:
Hey.. was helping a friend get his stepping... Made this :)

3925163.jpg

http://mars.walagata.com/w/dippyskoodlez/3925163.jpg

If you wanna stick it in there, go ahead ;) Just find a better host cuz this one will probably be gone in a feew weeks.

Back