• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 6300 on M5A78L-M LX3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mihalyk2000

Hi guys!

So, i have an AMD FX 6300 with stock cooler on M5A78L-M LX3, latest bios and drivers.
I'm running windows 10,nJoy 80+ 550 PSU (actually a good one, can't remember other details) AMD Sapphire HD 7750 1GDDR5, OC'ed from 800 CC to 1180+MHz and MC from 1125 to 1300, stable 24/7, and HyperX Blue 1600 2x4GB OC from 1600 to 1866.

So, my first question would be, HOW i can overclock it so I can get the lowest latency in games and much better FPS or even GPU OC (if a mobo/cpu tweak can "increase" GPU OC potential)

I'm thinking about HTLink, NB freq, Multiplier bus speed etc.
Here are my OC's from now, but I can see 70C while gaming with MSI Afterburner... Even if I need to drop the actual CPU speed from 4.3 to something like 4, i just want ... lower latency in games, and higher GPU OC potential, or something to have better FPS in games :)
I heard that HTLink or NB speed can lower somehow latency, but others say to reduce HTLink while OC, soooo idk :(

I can give other infos if needed, thank!

Your motherboard isn’t exactly overclocking material m8, before anything else I would put a fan on top of the VRM section (doesn’t even have a passive heat sink) or look into getting a better one. Also the stock cooler won’t give you almost any gains as you are already overheating (try to keep it below ~65c). If you can’t or won’t change hardware I would suggest tweaking your Windows to have less background services and programs while gaming (less CPU overhead = less lag) and the usual maintenance.

What’s your case ? How many fans ?

All the heatsinks in the world ain't gonna make up for lack of phases on that board.
FX on it is a death sentence. It's just a matter of time.
A short time. ;)

All the heatsinks in the world ain't gonna make up for lack of phases on that board.
FX on it is a death sentence. It's just a matter of time.
A short time. ;)

Your right, but at lease he can extend the life of the MB if he still wants to OC the MB and longer at stock speed as well.

Back