• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-6300 Overclocking noob help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have you both beat 1980 red honda civic 2 dr where the paint was faded so bad it almost looked pink :) Just like this one, found this in google images, do you like my custom editing, I took the people driving out of the picture.

Did you say you took the people driving out of the image or you could not find anyone to drive it? :ty::ty:

RGone...

we had a number of those old three valve civics, we had to carry 2 spare intake valves and a gallon of water everywhere we took them.
water was to cool the fuel pump when it vapor locked and the spare intake valves were for when the swirl valve would carbon up and stick open.
it got to where we could do it all at a stop light in miami.

those were the days chum, south florida played only no limits......

Last edited:
we had a number of those old three valve civics, we had to carry 2 spare intake valves and a gallon of water everywhere we took them.
water was to cool the fuel pump when it vapor locked and the spare intake valves were for when the swirl valve would carbon up and stick open.
it got to where we could do it all at a stop light in miami.

Was there ever anything done at a stop-light in Miami, that was considered odd or strange? Hehehe.

Why officer my fuel pump just wanted a little drink of water and my bud is under the hood trying to get the coke and carbon off the third valve. Okay son get 'em hands up we don't allow no coke down here, third valve or not.
RGone...ster. :welcome:

Was there ever anything done at a stop-light in Miami, that was considered odd or strange? Hehehe.

Why officer my fuel pump just wanted a little drink of water and my bud is under the hood trying to get the coke and carbon off the third valve. Okay son get 'em hands up we don't allow no coke down here, third valve or not.
RGone...ster. :welcome:

lol

I hope the op is reading and getting ready to post us some results.
I'm kind of wanting to compare his numbers to the five i have.
they all are like what Rgone showed us in "does the 6300 flatline".

and coke was the only way you could pay a cop in miami in the 70's it was allmost as corrupt as atlanta is now.
escobar and the black tuna owned every cop in florida.

Sorry guys. Been real busy at work. I plan on working on it this weekend

Cpu Voltage
NB Freq voltage
CPU NB voltage

AMD Turbo is on auto
Power management auto
Spread spectrum auto etc.

When the guides mention a multiplier, is that the NB Freq? That's the only options in bios with the 10x - 22x. The CPU overclock settings have like 10-50% options.

I notice that when I push the CPU past 4.0 ghz, the computer will boot but when I check in CPU-Z, the processor won't budge past 3.5 (stock). I did push it to 4.0 ghz stable, but I want more.

In your BIOS you are going to need to change your CPU overclock mode to manual this should give you access to the multiplier. You will be leaving the NB Frequency alone for now. Do not use the cpu overclock settings!

You pushed to 4.0 stable, what did you use to test the stability?

bmilcs if you want us to be able to help you we need certain things from you. Please re read these posts so we can help. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7452288&postcount=4
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7453292&postcount=9

I was able to get 4.3 ghz at 1.425 ghz. Played wow for an hour and remained under 45c

Any voltage lower than that would cause a black screen when windows would normally begin to load.

I know we all got carried away and had some fun in the thread while you were gone. But we are here now in the process. We don't have enough information to give a valid guess as to what is going on with your setup. 4.3Ghz as you say and 1.425V (set in bios) seems a little high. BUT without the type of information shown as below, there is no way we can get any glimpse into what is happening at your end.

Prime 95 Blend running and HWMonitor (free version running) and toward and at the end of 20mins of P95 Blend, capture these 4 separate images as below and attach them to the forum or we actually may as well be carrying on our foolishness as before because of the lack of information to point to what to do. Luck man.
RGone...

A good post showing 3 cpuz and HWMonitor. We can read them for clarity.

My Settings

CPU Freq - 212
Spread Spec - Disabled
Multi/Volt control - Manual
CPUMulti - X21.5
CPU V - 1.4375V
NB Freq Multi X 10 No need to go higher there is no advantage with these chips
CPU NB Volts - 1.1875
HT Bus Speed - 2121 ( X10)
HT Bus Width - X16
CPU load line Calibration - disables( recommended crashes when on)
Cool and Quiet is on seems to be ok

I know we all got carried away and had some fun in the thread while you were gone. But we are here now in the process. We don't have enough information to give a valid guess as to what is going on with your setup. 4.3Ghz as you say and 1.425V (set in bios) seems a little high. BUT without the type of information shown as below, there is no way we can get any glimpse into what is happening at your end.

Prime 95 Blend running and HWMonitor (free version running) and toward and at the end of 20mins of P95 Blend, capture these 4 separate images as below and attach them to the forum or we actually may as well be carrying on our foolishness as before because of the lack of information to point to what to do. Luck man.
RGone...

A good post showing 3 cpuz and HWMonitor. We can read them for clarity.

Those temps are high, so my guess is the motherboard, cooling ? Check out my signature.The 6300 in my case worked fine @ 1.35v at 4.4g.On the other hand, anything over 4.4g I need to up the volts to keep it stable.You will not be sorry with your purchase.This cpu is a workhorse, and at 95 watts using air cooling is a viable option.Another thing worth mentioning is ram speed.I heard 1866 mhz works very well with fx cpu's.My next upgrade.

Last edited:
My Settings

CPU Freq - 212
Spread Spec - Disabled
Multi/Volt control - Manual
CPUMulti - X21.5
CPU V - 1.4375V
NB Freq Multi X 10 No need to go higher there is no advantage with these chips
CPU NB Volts - 1.1875
HT Bus Speed - 2121 ( X10)
HT Bus Width - X16
CPU load line Calibration - disables( recommended crashes when on)
Cool and Quiet is on seems to be ok
mjrhealth, posting your specs isn't really relevant to the OP in order for us to help we need to know the information that has been requested of the OP. This statement "NB Freq Multi X 10 No need to go higher there is no advantage with these chips" isn't accurate either.

+1 to Manny the NB makes quite a difference. Certainly if you have the Ram speed to use it!

Back