• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD Gets Single-Threaded (SuperPi) Boost, Courtesy The Stilt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm pretty sure all pumps humm to an extent, you can do some things to cope with it. I have my pump resting on a piece of rubber matting and it silences it for the most part, but it is audible.

I'm pretty sure all pumps humm to an extent, you can do some things to cope with it. I have my pump resting on a piece of rubber matting and it silences it for the most part, but it is audible.

Unless everything is literally perfect, it will hum.

You've got a motor spinning a wheel to push water, unless its all in perfect balance, there will be vibrations which will cause a hum.

Like Mandrake said, you can isolate it from your case, and it will help.

I forgot to add I also have 12 fans in my case so I usually hear those over the hmmm of the pump. :shrug:

the xt45 looks like a pretty good rad and 45mm thick, here at the house i run 25mm thick rads, a little on the thin side.

I'm thinking , 480 should be enough for cpu and maybe vrm+nb. I'm affraid the pump is not going to have enough power because i can't find restriction figures for the koolance vrm block but without it i should have more than 1.2 gpm flow

I'm thinking cooling the VRM and NB is a bit overkill, a couple of 50mm fans placed on them will do the job just fine, though it may not be aesthetically pleasing to look at. I have an 80mm mounted on my vrm section and it works just fine.

Back