• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD II 240 Regor $43 open box...WORTH THE BUY?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

No HSF included.
That's a hell of a price, I'm tempted to buy one and i don't even have an AMD system to put it in!

OP
A15G

A15G

No HSF included.
That's a hell of a price, I'm tempted to buy one and i don't even have an AMD system to put it in!

Yeah just noticed the no HSF too!, but hey, its $43!!!

solstice

At local Fry's store, they have an Athlon II X3 435 + Gigabyte motherboard for $59.99 $10 after rebate this week. So I don't think open box Athlon 240 is a good deal. Of course, these kind of deals are hard to get online. I would wait for a while. I am certain other online retailer will follow suite.

OP
A15G

A15G

At local Fry's store, they have an Athlon II X3 435 + Gigabyte motherboard for $59.99 $10 after rebate this week. So I don't think open box Athlon 240 is a good deal. Of course, these kind of deals are hard to get online. I would wait for a while. I am certain other online retailer will follow suite.

No fry's here either. And for a $58 retailed chip at $43 for just no hsf is one hell of a deal. Even though your deal is quite good. They both are good in there own way.

Bobnova

I'd be a bit concerned about the open boxness resulting in bent pins, but that's easy to inspect when you get it.