• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Motherboards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoreMonkey

what is the best motherboard out there to OC with?
memory is not a concern of mine
all I need is users opinion's of the most stable mobo's out there
AMD ATHLON 900 want to reach 1.1GHz without water cooling or peltiers.

How can you go wrong with an ABIT or ASUS? I have the ASUS A7V and it is just fine. I have my TB900 running at 1010 but I'm waiting to get better cooling.

Get it from a reliable dealer and if you have a problem let them help you. I'm lucky in that I live in an area with PC Fairs being held every other weekend. Whenever I get a major piece of hardware, I just buy it from someone who has a store near me.

thank you for replying. I live in midstate WI with no real PC suppliers near me. I will be buying mine online.

SoreMonkey (Mar 02, 2001 12:19 p.m.):
what is the best motherboard out there to OC with?
memory is not a concern of mine
all I need is users opinion's of the most stable mobo's out there
AMD ATHLON 900 want to reach 1.1GHz without water cooling or peltiers.

The MSI KT7 T pr KT7 T/R are very stable

Yo (Mar 02, 2001 02:31 p.m.):
This is the one, despite the bios agony
!
!
V

Yo-

What are your system specs before and after overclock? ie MHz, Temps, etc. Oh and what rev is your KK266?

Have you taken a measurement of your CPU/HSF package height? I am thinking about ordering the PAL but I have a serious (but temporary) space problem. My case design prevents a tall package. Its a mid tower and has the PSU sitting right in front of the CPU/HSF. Too bad I didn't think of that before I bought it. It had all the other features I wanted.

The chip is purple Tbird rated at 1.1GHz. It actually achieves [email protected] and likely 1400 at 1.95, but 1335 at 157 is sweeter. I am using IBM HDD, som CDROM and a modem, not much more so far since this is my performance system.

The alpha with 60mm fan (25mm high) comes to a total height of 75mm measured from the bottom of the mobo (,i.e. including the socket height, the CPU, the cooler, and the fan).

Now I once owned such a case and I feel your pain - they suck and are really difficult to work in too. One possibility to reduce height is to get a fan that's only 10mm high. They do not perform as well as the 25mm versions though (at least 2 likely 4C difference) and they run at 6000 rpm which can be noisy.

Good luck

Yo

Thank you all for the replies. I can now "start" to make an educated decision.

thanks again.

Back