• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD Phenom II X4 B55 trying for 4.0GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speaking of record with a stock cooler, did you mean for that particular chip or for all chips period, AMD and Intel?

Based on the nature of your claim that's not a record, that's a joke..... Which is why I asked for proof of having the record as mentioned with that chip - Which it's not.
I've been above that with my 555 BE running a stock cooler just like so many others have done aside from myself.

Oh yeah - Have camcorder, not afraid to use it.

Speaking of record with a stock cooler, did you mean for that particular chip or for all chips period, AMD and Intel?

Based on the nature of your claim that's not a record, that's a joke..... Which is why I asked for proof of having the record as mentioned with that chip - Which it's not.
I've been above that with my 555 BE running a stock cooler just like so many others have done aside from myself.

Oh yeah - Have camcorder, not afraid to use it.
I’m not sure where you came up with that question, the conversation was not hard to follow. I mean it got pretty wild there you adding all AMD and all Intel chips as opposed to the particular one we were talking about. Pretty sure it was stated on here that no on here has gone above 4 GHz on stock air and if you have, then you need to march yourself on over to HWBOT and get it verified according to the rules. And if you have gone above that, my bet is that you didn’t do it from the BIOS, you would’ve had to of done it using software. But either way, Camcorders are not going to cut it over there,lol. BTW, that’s not my highest. Just a recent external URL verified overclock which is still higher than anyone else’s on HWBOT and it’s above 4.0 which is what was claimed in this thread that none of you guys have gone above. I didn’t see anybody speaking up before I came along. So I really doubt the veracity of your claims based on that and the fact that I actually also know how hard it is to do (from the BIOS). In fact I would out and out say I think you’re lying because you don’t know me and I’m not a part of your clique and you just couldn’t let somebody come park their yacht in your territory without yelling from your dinghy that you had a bigger boat while threatening to own a camcorder (it’s 2018 yo - I use my iPhone or my Canon 5D Mark III when I need to get serious). Anyhow, you get the booby prize. I knew somebody on here was going to respond in the manner that you did and with the attitude you did and that’s why I held back with my best. Likewise on HWBOT. Until somebody throws up something higher I don’t need to. So, talk is cheap, let’s see what you got.

Last edited:
I’m not sure where you came up with that question, the conversation was not hard to follow. I mean it got pretty wild there you adding all AMD and all Intel chips as opposed to the particular one we were talking about. Pretty sure it was stated on here that no on here has gone above 4 GHz on stock air and if you have, then you need to march yourself on over to HWBOT and get it verified according to the rules. And if you have gone above that, my bet is that you didn’t do it from the BIOS, you would’ve had to of done it using software. But either way, Camcorders are not going to cut it over there,lol. BTW, that’s not my highest. Just a recent external URL verified overclock which is still higher than anyone else’s on HWBOT and it’s above 4.0 which is what was claimed in this thread that none of you guys have gone above. I didn’t see anybody speaking up before I came along. So I really doubt the veracity of your claims based on that and the fact that I actually also know how hard it is to do (from the BIOS). In fact I would out and out say I think you’re lying because you don’t know me and I’m not a part of your clique and you just couldn’t let somebody come park their yacht in your territory without yelling from your dinghy that you had a bigger boat while threatening to own a camcorder (it’s 2018 yo - I use my iPhone or my Canon 5D Mark III when I need to get serious). Anyhow, you get the booby prize. I knew somebody on here was going to respond in the manner that you did and with the attitude you did and that’s why I held back with my best. Likewise on HWBOT. Until somebody throws up something higher I don’t need to. So, talk is cheap, let’s see what you got.

Yes you do need to, you made the claim - All I asking is for you to back it up with real evidence of a stock cooler used while running at those speeds.

And I said what I said because that's a BIG claim you've made, saying you've beaten everyone period with what has been done with a stock cooler - That kind of claim does need to be proven and there is nothing wrong with wanting to see such proof.
I can understand if you had made the claim along with some evidence of a stock cooler in use but you didn't and don't think I haven't checked out your entry, no photo of the setup is with said entry, just the validation link only.

To be fair about it, if you can provide proof that the claim is legit as in you ran a stock cooler setting the record as stated I'll happily eat crow over it.

You said it youself about how cheap talk is, you did give a link but nothing else and that run could have been done with any kind of cooling - Just sayin and asking for your proof of it - That's all.

And yes - Do expect me to do something before long, complete with a vid showing the entire setup, the tweaking and the run itself with a validation link.
I'll even go as far as to run an older cooler for this, namely an older Socket 939 stock Opteron cooler.
Fair enough?

One more thing:
Wasn't trying to come off as attacking you (And apologize for the joke reference) but if making a claim like that it's entirely fair to ask for such proof - I was "What the ...." when I saw it and said as much.

EDIT:
Noted your validation is shown as being "Unchecked", I'll go ahead and say until it says "Checked" it's not really considered valid according to CPU-Z.
I've ran into that problem before myself - Dunno what to tell you but that's how it is..... However it's probrably due to the "Things" going on at the bot as in it may not get checked for sometime, nothing you did wrong BTW since all you can do is sub the file CPU-Z gives when a validation file is created.

Last edited:

LOL.
You are a HWB noob.
You haven't a clue what's going on.
You want come play with the big boys, you better be prepared. ;)

Was that ONLY pop in that there jug ha ha
I was surprised you stopped when you did Bonesy

Yeah, I could have gone higher and can if I need to but there was no need based on the speed I needed to beat according to the link he gave.

Yes, only pop in the jug but that can be remedied at any time. :D

Back