• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD PHENOM II X6 1055T OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Migg0x

Hey guys!

I've been messing around with my old rig, and i've gotten 3.9ghz stable with these:

hwinfo.PNG cpuz.PNG cpuz2.PNG

CPU/NB at 1.25V
CoreV is at 1.49V in BIOS, but peaks only at 1.45(?)

I cant get to 4.0ghz tho. Im running 2x2gb DDR3 1333 at 1.6V, and i think the ram is holding me. Can you guys suggest what should i change to be able to run 4.0ghz?

Last edited:
No, the RAM is not the problem. Right now you are only running it at 1120 mhz and it is rated for 1333 mhz. It's much more likely that the core voltage is too low or the NB frequency is too high or it needs more voltage.

"CoreV is at 1.49V in BIOS, but peaks at only 1.45(?)" This is normal. It is called "vdrop" at idle and "vdroop" under load.

The fact is, at 3.919 ghz you have already achieved an overclock that exceeds what most people are able to achieve on that chip. You must have a good piece of silicon there . . . if it is truly stable.

But I wonder if you are truly stable at that speed. How have you stress tested this overclock? Will it pass two hours of Prime95 blend? The temps you show in your pic appear to reflect idle state.

What is the make and model of your motherboard and your CPU cooler. We have very little information here.

No, the RAM is not the problem. Right now you are only running it at 1120 mhz and it is rated for 1333 mhz. It's much more likely that the core voltage is too low or the NB frequency is too high or it needs more voltage.

"CoreV is at 1.49V in BIOS, but peaks at only 1.45(?)" This is normal. It is called "vdrop" at idle and "vdroop" under load.

The fact is, at 3.919 ghz you have already achieved an overclock that exceeds what most people are able to achieve on that chip. You must have a good piece of silicon there . . . if it is truly stable.

But I wonder if you are truly stable at that speed. How have you stress tested this overclock? Will it pass two hours of Prime95 blend? The temps you show in your pic appear to reflect idle state.

What is the make and model of your motherboard and your CPU cooler. We have very little information here.
Apologies for providing little information.

MOBO is ASUS M4A87TD/USB3. Cant remember the exact model of the cooler, but its aftermarket. Probably a Scythe IIRC.

Yesterday i had prime running with blend for around 3 hours with 59c max temp (HWInfo pic in the start post was taken when prime was running) and played PUBG for another 3 hours after that. Had no problems or errors.

Do you suggest bumping NB and core voltage? NB is at auto atm.

Yes, both.

What is the stock HT and NB frequency? 2000 mhz? I can't remember what it was for that generation.

Actually, if your core temps are hitting 59c under stress you are at the max of what is normally the stable temp. I think you are probably done.

Yeah its 2000mhz
Probably wise to stay at 3.9ghz since its very stable. Do the volts and frequencies look good for 3.9ghz?

Everthing looks good and appropriate to me. As I say, you got a hold of a better than average piece of silicon there. Most of thse 1055Ts would top out at about 3.6-3.7 ghz.

You may want to try putting a fan on the VRM section of the motherboard and also on the backside of the socket. This may get the Cpu temp down and bit and possibly get you to the 4.0 Oc. That's if the Cpu temp of 58 is the socket temp.

Back