• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Piledriver FX Engineering Sample Benchmarks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
according to the cinebench its not even as fast as a stock 2600k :(

Ouch... and Cinebench isnt even one of those benchmarks that show bias towards AMD via compiler/ID string... Well, one tiny piece of the pie does not make the chip. Come on AMD, show us what you got!!!

Since this is an unsubstantiated rumor, you might as well get the rumor straight from the horses mouth instead of listening to others chatter about it on other forums ;)

Leaked AMD Piledriver 8350 Engineersing Sample Benchmarks on Coolaler.com. Translated to Engrish!

I must say that this is some of the most entertaining Engrish I have ever seen. It made my morning just skimming this article. :cool:

Here are a few plums I picked from the Coolaler thread:

CPU-Z-ah ....... Han bowl of cream, I do not know!

This had to sell the old stems!! Palindrome did the younger brother of Pobai ~ plate and pipe to help move to the new district.
Why??? ... Because there will be no test data

Cpu deity photos ... tomorrow to make up ~ work today, came close to being the boss chasing play, so hurry. Less COPY photo ~ "~~

The end is a performance or laugh can?
Let us wait and see!

Lam Dong to play the test ....
Conclusion ... the money in a hurry to buy the Intel ... not in a hurry limited time to pocket ... buy AMD ....
You can also set ... an inch of gold can buy an inch of time .... ha ha

Really?
Causing me to want palindrome

Am I the only one that noticed that the date on this "Piledriver" chip says 2011?

185938_499298813418103_1139833792_n.jpg

I have a couple of AMD Procs sitting in the drawer that are also "Piledrivers" if I want to paint over the real data. Maybe this is real, maybe not, hard to say for sure but nothing I am seeing convinces me 100%.

I think this is the best advice in the whole discussion, I couldn't agree more:

To look at the this piling opportunity, do not continue to eat the soil ... popcorn chicken steak with bench ready!

I guess we have to wait for the popcorn chicken steak to look at this piling opportunity. And for god's sake do not continue to eat the soil! :facepalm:

Yep but it also says this is an early spin and the retail release should be ramped up slightly so it should be on par or even out perform a 2600k by 1 or 2%.
That should be taken with a grain of salt though as I am taking what others are saying from those benches.
I dont know personal so please dont quote me or tear me a new one for saying this.

Am I the only one that noticed that the date on this "Piledriver" chip says 2011?

185938_499298813418103_1139833792_n.jpg

I have a couple of AMD Procs sitting in the drawer that are also "Piledrivers" if I want to paint over the real data.

Considering that older engineering samples have older years printed on them, I seriously doubt this "sample" is what they claim it is.

From the Coolaler discussion about Piledriver, which apparently gets translated to Palindrome sometimes from the Chinese for "Piledriver".

Really?
Causing me to want palindrome

Since the forum members at Coolaler were wondering whether the performance of the new "Palindrome" will be "The end is a performance or laugh can?" I decided to ask the expert on the subject, Baby Gramps. I caught up with him in his Gypsy Wagon after giving a rousing lecture on Palindromes to see if I could get the straight scoop about what we can expect from AMDs upcoming new CPU the "Palindrome".

baby gramps.jpg

After he invited me into his abode, he offered me a puff of some interesting "Turkish Tobacco" from his pipe and then over a couple of cold frosty's we got down to Brass Tacks on the whole Palindrome issue. Baby Gramps and I go way back, you might say I can read him the same either forwards or backwards. :rolleyes: Here is the transcript of our in depth Palindrome conversation:

JS: Good evening Baby Gramps, and thank you for the puff on your pipe and this fine lager beer my good man.

BG: Lager, sir, is regal.

JS: It certainly is. Let's get down to Brass Tacks about the new Palindrome. How should PC enthusiasts view the coming release of the new "Palindrome" CPU from AMD?

BG: Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?

JS: That is incredibly insightful, you are a true visionary and exemplify the innovative spirit of a tech enthusiast my friend. There are a lot of folks that want to throw dog doo on the Palindrome before they know anything about it. What is your reaction to that?

BG: Dog doo? Good God! Live not on evil.

JS: I agree. For those who may not know you as well as myself, was there not a time on your life when you were a technological Luddite?

BG: Lewd I did live, evil did I dwel. Drab as a fool, aloof as a bard.

JS: I could not have said it better and I remember when you were in this phase of your life and the discussions we had quite well, as I am sure you do too. Many pipes and lagers were consumed debating deep into the night whether new technology actually is better than the old ways. Speaking of which, there are rumors that the new Palindrome will support 2400 Mhz memory speeds. What can you tell us about that? Are we going to see increased throughput with PD?

BG: Niagara, O roar again. So many dynamos.

JS: Aha. IF that's the case, what do you see happening with a lot of the old Phenom's and early FX's PC enthusiasts are running right now?

BG: Drawers reward.

JS: Ya, I sure have a big drawer full of old tech trophy's. It seems like just yesterday my old BGears 5200 was a rock star. :attn: Do you see AMD "giving up" in the CPU performance competition with Intel? Can AMD still compete, or is it futile?

BG: No, it can, as it is, it is a war. Raw as it is, it is an action.

JS: You got that right Gramps. What's your new kitty cat's name you have here ?

BG: Ex FXe.

JS: Ahh, named after that great old cat you had some years back named FX. He was the fastest mouser around back then as I recall. Can I ask what the heck have you been feeding Ex Fxe? He is bouncing around like popcorn popping!

BG: Pint a' Catnip.

JS: Ah, that explains it, that kitty cat is OC'd to the moon! And while we are touching upon your personal life, myself and everyone reading this wants to know about these rumors about a project with Madonna? I know you have had your "needle in her groove" , so to speak, for quite a while now, but is there really going to be an LP from you two lovebirds?

BG: Plan no damn Madonna LP. A **** nixes sex in Tulsa. Senile felines. Strap on no parts. O, geronimo, no minor ego. O, I dare not tone radio.

JS: Ouch, I did hear about that stunt she pulled on the radio in Tulsa last week when she was drunk and announced that you were not getting any to the world since she had her girlfriend Cher with her in that Indian outfit. I wouldn't want to hear that on the radio either. That's women though eh, Gramps?

BG: Never odd or even.

JS: You have a way with words old chum. Sorry to hit upon such a touchy subject, but when you are a star your fans want to know. So, to summarize this interview about the upcoming Palindrome, how would you characterize the performance of these upcoming CPU's from AMD? Should we look forward to the Palindrome's release this fall?

BG: No lemons, no melon. Are we not drawn onward to new era?

So there you have it folks, my one on one discussion with Palindrome expert, Baby Gramps. Hope this helps answer any questions any of you have about the upcoming "Palindrome" CPU's from AMD! :cool:

Last edited:
Back