• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD RADEON HD 5450 PCI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chr2014

Hello,

I have a AMD RADEON HD 5450 PCI card.

Here's what happened:

1) When I first installed it I could not I get my native resolution (1680 x 1050) and the computer was very sluggish. I then changed the settings on the control panel and I got my native resolution and the computer was running fast again.

2) I recently installed a NVIDIA card, but I no longer want to use it. So I took it out.

3) I then put back in my AMD card and it works, but for some reason my settings were set back to the original default settings! Now, the computer CPU is running high, and the computer is very sluggish. For example, when you open a window and you drag it across the screen it is VERY SLOW. When you scroll with a scroll bar the monitor graphics run very slow.

What settings would I need to change?

Thanks very much for the help,

Chris
**IMPORTANT NOTE: I did not uninstall the NVIDIA DRIVER when I took it out. I just left it installed, and then just put in my AMD card. Could that be a problem?

Last edited:
Well removing the nvidia drivers and doing a clean install of the AMD drivers would certainly be the first step.

Back