• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Realitycheck (LA area)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

CITY OF INDUSTRY 12/10
8:30pm to 11:00pm
Pacific Palms
One Industry Hills Parkway, City of Industry CA 91744

I've been reading all the talk about these events and am starting to think that I want to go. It's the last stop on the whole tour so I am hoping they will get crazy and give us all 2800+s along with Nforce2 boards. :)

It's just a quick 150 mile drive for me over the pass and I know we have a lot of team 32ers already in the area. Wedo, nikhsub1, & gtsimmo right off the top of my head. Of course whoever wanted to make the drive would be welcome :) What do you guyz think? It would be a great help for the team if we all get CPUs. We could even go out for drizinks afterwards :beer:

I won't be able to make it, can you pick up a mobo & cpu for me, I have a competition running with, oh never mind. J/k

I'd love to be there, but can't make it.

steve

In the AMD cpus thread it has been said that they're only giving out XP2100s palominos. Also there was a good idea to help meet up with forum buddies. They give you a name tag, and it was suggested you write your forum name and www.overclockers.com on the bottom of it. There is room apparently.

If you're getting a CPU for skou, could you get me one too? :D

Road Warrior

RoadWarrior said:
In the AMD cpus thread it has been said that they're only giving out XP2100s palominos.

A guy in one of the threads in AMD cpus said they gave out all 2400+ chips at the Las Vegas event, who knows though. Good ideas but I was thinking we could meet up before or something.

I'll go if others here are going to go, otherwise I wouldn't. If some of you are DEFINATELY gonna go, let me know and I'll be there.

Sounds very interesting. I"ll bring it up with the others who live in the area. Uber-Phlubb, Dissolve, and Walaka right off the bat. It's still another month away so we got some time. But Im sure they will be interested. For me it's like 15 to 20 miles away, and alot closer to the other three guys

Me and Dissolved are going (City of Industry is like 5 mins away).

I think it would be best to go in small groups though. It seems kinda silly to have everyone within 200 miles drive to one of our houses, then switch cars and drive another 5 minutes to the XPP2.

So everyone from the Bakersfield area goes together, everyone in the LA area goes together, etc. It'd be easier that way, unless someone who lives far away stops by someone closer, if that second person lives en route to the XPP2.

Über~PhLuBB said:
I think it would be best to go in small groups though. It seems kinda silly to have everyone within 200 miles drive to one of our houses, then switch cars and drive another 5 minutes to the XPP2.

So everyone from the Bakersfield area goes together, everyone in the LA area goes together, etc. It'd be easier that way, unless someone who lives far away stops by someone closer, if that second person lives en route to the XPP2.

Okay but unless Bam Bam comes, I'll be the only one from Bakersfield.. if it ends up being a lot of people going (more than 10) I agree. I'll probably come early and want to get as close to the event as possible though. I don't want to come over the hill @ like 3 - 6 and have to find my way to the event in rush hour traffic.

We could at least fill cars up you know so the confusion is not too bad. Sorry I hate LA traffic :D

I was just reading the 'enthusiast event rules' and I came upon this.

Claiming Prize: If a Canadian resident is selected as the Grand Prize Winner, he/she must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, arithmetical, skill-testing question to be administered by the independent judges to claim their prize.

WTF?
doubting.gif

Gnerma said:
I was just reading the 'enthusiast event rules' and I came upon this.

WTF?
doubting.gif

lol What the HECK is that about? I mean, AMD is an American company, but I didn't know they were inter-borderly discriminating patriots!

Über~PhLuBB said:
lol What the HECK is that about? I mean, AMD is an American company, but I didn't know they were inter-borderly discriminating patriots!

I thought this was odd enough to investigate further, here is the answer..

Steve #2 newsman @ [H]ardOCP
Actually, we ran into that last year with the XPP tour...Canada needs to explain it...it's the law up there. No kidding.

Have no idea of the specifics...
weird.gif

Gnerma said:

I thought this was odd enough to investigate further, here is the answer..

Have no idea of the specifics...
weird.gif

That is the strangest law I've ever heard of. In order to receive something in a contest, you must answer a math question under a certain time.

Canadians--when do they cease to amaze? :D

I think it's a distinction between games of chance and games of skill. Lotteries are heavily regulated, so to get around it they add a "skill test" so it's not a game of chance. It's usually something pretty stupid like; what is (2+3-4)x8 or something.
Though I don't know why they would stipulate that for prizes won in person in the US, I thought it would only apply to the online sweepstakes.

Road Warrior

Back