• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD rumored to respond to P4's 800MHz with Barton clocked at 200MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

LINK
Nothing official, personally I thought they should've gone straight to 200MHz instead of 166MHz for obvious reasons, but hopefully I would finally see a XP with a 200MHz fsb :D

OP
T

Tipycol

LOL...were getting into vid card memory territory. Although I think it'd only be PC4800, so you have a better chance of it coming out sooner ;)

Hopefully AMD can continue this recent availability of all their announced processors (2800+ ahead of time), and still have advancements in future projects (without delays :)).

WerewolfX

Registered
well it looksl ike the KT400a will be the one to get not the nforce 2

Who knows Emericana only time will tell. I know for a fact that the ram controller on my via KT333 (epox 8k3a) is holding me at 190fsb. (bios 2b01) While i can run my corsair at 412ddr with a 165 fsb on the same board.

I am hoping the rumors of a New Nforce 2 stepping are true a 250fsb on amd would be sweet :) Unfortunatly it would have to be run ASYNCH no DDR500 :p

Although i really do hope that Via can come out with a good chipset for the athlon I was not impressed with the KT400.

Emericana

ya tell me about it the KT400 is the KT333 w/ buggy AGP 8x and Serial ATA.

i will stick w/ my Abit KX7-333 thank you. Has been holding up very nicely since the first day i got it (the day it was released on newegg). never had a SINGLE prob w/ it

WerewolfX

Registered
Im with you Emericana I think I may just wait and see if the KT400a is a hit or miss, but if im not impressed go for the (by then) cheaper Nforce2's.

I currently have an AXP 2200+ and hope to get it to 2.2 with my prommy. I may wait for barton's to come out and go down in price before buying another chip. I like the sound of Barton 2800+ @ 3.0Ghz With a prommy. :eek: