• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD RYZEN 2600X upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mitukczuk

So the time has come,

after updating my rig last year, its time to finally change the CPU as well. I have updated the bios so I am ready for the latest and "greatest" AMD has to offer.
What do you think would be a nice upgrade? Ive been looking at 5600X?

Any suggestions?

5000 series is the only worthwhile upgrade. That said, I wouldn't buy a 6c/12t cpu today unless I was budget constrained. 5800x or bust. :)

5000 series is the only worthwhile upgrade. That said, I wouldn't buy a 6c/12t cpu today unless I was budget constrained. 5800x or bust. :)

Mhm, the 5800X is out of my price range atm. The budget is not going to stretch itself for now, unfortunantely. The TDP of those 5800+ chips seems high too...

The 5600X will be a big improvement over the 2600X, enjoy it!

Mhm, the 5800X is out of my price range atm. The budget is not going to stretch itself for now, unfortunantely. The TDP of those 5800+ chips seems high too...
That board will handle it just fine.... but if it isn't in the budget, it isn't in the budget. As Johan said, it's already a good improvement.

3700x will give you 8 cores and 16 threads and will perform a little better than the 5600X in heavily threaded apps. They're running about $280 lately.

Thank you for all your suggestions guys.

I went with the 5600X and already ran some tests. In cinebench ive gained 3k in the multicore test. Im sitting at 10756 (the 2600x was getting 7700) (i dont know how good or bad that is :D)
And it runs 10-15C lower at 100% than the 2600X and idles at 30-35C.

Finally i can say the build is complete. I hope it lasts for a few years :)

Back